How is your weather? (Part 1)

Of the lobster bisque? The waves were amazing and the water was a dirty jade green color. A color not seen often here. Mostly blue-black water. Dramatic. Will post more after the next snow or storm.

I shot this at the State Park parking lot, about a half mile house from Jay Leno’s house he just bought, right on the sea! ‘Hurricane Hut’! There are cars lined up to see if he’s coming in or out. Too bad!

The weather guessers say we may get a big storm Wednesday-Friday, then the bottom drops out of the thermometer by the weekend. Hope they’re wrong on both predictions

We’re forecast to have rain for Christmas morning. Yippee!

3 Likes

I’m not big on the holiday season. I would flee from about Dec 1st until mid Feb if i could. I suppose i could just drive out into the Sonoran Desert and just car camp for a few months.

2 Likes

That is 100% correct. Looks great thru double/triple pane windows with furnace running full blast.

Heavy rain late week here…then mild thru 1st week of jan… sure doesn’t look snow or cold…

2 Likes

Why car camp with these winter Sonoran destinations:
Phoenix
Tucson
Palm Springs - Indio
Mexicali
Hermosillo
Ciudad Obregón

2 Likes

Sounds fun to me…If i afford it i might try it…

I transplanted a mulberry Friday during that “balmy” sweet spot of the afternoon between the time the top frozen crust of soil thawed enough for digging, and before the sun set. I normally wouldn’t be planting so late in the year but it seemed like an optimistic way to start winter before things are frozen for good :slight_smile:

1 Like

my sons stationed at yuma ,az. went to visit last spring. there are rv parks everywhere out in the desert there. half of canada snowbirds there.

1 Like
1 Like

A white sprinkle, but no White Christmas, will have to watch the movie, AGAIN!

1 Like

it sure is sparse. if it wasn’t for the military bases, there wouldn’t be anything there.

1 Like

Christmas Day in Newport RI, about to sit for luncheon. Very sunny outside, but looks are deceiving here as it is cold, in the 30’s. No snow or frost in sight. Was hoping for a white Christmas, as my new dog has never seen snow! I’d rather have the snow now than in April! Have a great day, hope you all have sunshine too!

2 Likes

Merry Christmas everyone! Happy Holidays!
It was sunny for a few hours here. There is something like .5 in of snow outside and 30F.
Greenhouse on the other hand hit 61F today. Some succulents between the dormant bananas and figs.
Merry Christmas everyone!

1 Like

In the middle of a three day sunny spell, before another 3 to 5 inches of rain. We are already around 20 inches over normal this year. It is supposed to rain for the next 7 days. The ground can’t hold any more. It all goes into the creeks and rivers, causing flooding.

TFN

Clouds again today. Rain incoming later. Probably around an inch. A lot for this time of year. Cold shot next week, but short lived. Back to normal’ish temps afterwards.

My fig dropped all its leaves maybe 8 weeks ago…it is growing new ones now. The grapefruit seedling is also growing too…which is surprising given the only sun they get is out the sliding glass door (which faces south). I gave all my plants showers about 2 weeks ago. I take them right into the shower. They are cleaner then my kids :wink:

4 Likes

Hmmm…looking like the coldest air so far this season makes an unwelcome new year visit next week. Doesn’t last long but maybe the 1st subzero reading here.