How is your weather? (Part 1)

Just looking again…i highly doubt we drop below 0F Weds morning…single digits for sure, but with no snow…GFS has warmed some… not likely. The next chanc is not on the models as of right now…even single digits aren’t looking very likely in the next 2 weeks. Going to be the most snowless season i’ve seen in some time.

The naefs shows more of blah for middlish Jan

Ya, when our thermometer said -24 this a.m. the tv channels all had 12-15 in the cities. Clear as a bell here, sunny and “beautiful” (from inside the house) Pretty much has to be clear to hit that kind of low.

Lack of snowcover also helps. I think it adds about +10F on temps most of the time.

Amazing …Michigan no snow? what…

The L.P. of MI has no snow, but the U.P. sure does.

I’m in the 12-18" range here in central/west central MN

2 Likes

Little digging…Some way below, others not so much for Michigan. I would not want to live anywhere that avgs over 100 inches of snow a season! I think we avg about 40 inches here…more then enough.

1 Like

Clear skies, daytime highs in the low 60°s and predawn lows in the upper 30°s.

It’s been a very wet year here, although we had enough of a dry spell in early summer that we had to run a water hose out to our gardens. But, other than that, yeah, it’s Seattle East. I checked our local climatological data for this area, Columbus, OH (~150 miles away) had their 2nd most wettest year, at 54", and Cincinnati (~100 miles) had their 4th wettest year at also 54".

We have had so much rain over the last couple months, that the soil hasn’t really dried out hardly at all. Hate it, but like I said, no real snowfall yet.

It got almost to 60 yesterday, so I took advantage of that and pulled up what was left of the tomato plants, and all the stakes that were holding them up. I threw all the plants onto our big brush pile that we’ve wanted to burn off for a couple months, but it’s been too wet for that.

But, back to the high 30s today, so it’s long john time for me again…

1 Like

Another 3-7" of snow in the forecast from tomorrow night through Monday.

I’m ready for spring already

2 Likes

Chilly out in the deserts this morning…

Look at Key West…waking up this morning to a balmy 77F…

It’s ridiculously warm here now. I’m 7 hours north of Key West and it’s still going to be 78 here today. I hope we get cool again soon… They say Thursday…

Miami looks 80fs and even upper 80Fs later next week. Slight cool down after but still mild. I’d love to be sitting on the beach this morning.

I’d call that sweaty. They can have it. Imagine what it’s like in summer.

2 Likes

We’ve been 41 hrs straight in the 20s. That’s about as long as it stays cold here.

According to the chill hr models that’s no chilling all that time. That still doesn’t seem right to this country boy. But maybe so.

The greenhouse has been 37-40 all that time. So I’d say that is 41 hrs of chilling.

1 Like

It would be rough. The only silver lining with S Florida is if you had the yard, you can grow almost all the tropicals. But yeah…lots and lots and lots and lots of AC would be required. Winters would be amazing though. The traffic sucks.

1 Like

Is anything blooming right now? I suppose the longer days in the next month should trigger some plants.

20Fs are fine… Its the subzero crap that will put hair on your chest.

No nothing blooming yet. I’ve had the GH on chill cycle since mid Oct. As soon as it warms up next week I’m going to ease into spring. Will have bloom by early Febr. Right now I have nights at 37-40 and days as cool as possible, usually 40s and 50s. The warmup will see nights the same but days 60-65F. I’ll hold that thru bloom or as long as I can. It will inch up a little because as the sun gets higher I can’t hold low 60s.

Fruitnut! I really miss the pictures of your high tunnel in bloom. Those pictures were pure magic!

2 Likes

Don’t even want to think about 77-88 deg weather. I’m loving our 40’s and 50’s right now.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with 50Fs…i like the 50F to about 75F.

Sun out finally. This will be first sunny day in 2 weeks.

1 Like

I read that the Orange Bowl was played last night in 75° weather.

1 Like