How is your weather? (Part 1)

Lousy%20trip%20-%20Noah's%20ark

5 Likes

We had three days of sunshine and 70’s, now below freezing for the next 2 nights and rain for the weekend.

TFN

Yep. Same here!

1 Like

Chilly this afternoon, but seasonable. Going back into mid/upper 30Fs in extended range. There is more or less no snow…even shaded areas are snow free in my yard. GFS has no precip until after the 20th… looks like a long boring stretch…sun was at least back out today.

I don’t want to jump ahead, but it would be interesting to see if we get below 0F this month. Not very common around here (no subzero F days in Jan) but looking possible. We had one winter back around 2000 or 01 that we didn’t go below zero until March…

Jan so far is running +11F for the month…lol…

Yikes!

So far, this winter, late Nov., early Dec. has been colder than Jan. We still have a couple more months of winter. Last year, we had a very warm Feb, most all the trees bloomed ,then a cold early Mar. blast. I have apple and pear trees breaking bud and peach tree buds swelling now. Crazy weather…

TFN

1 Like

High in the 20s tomorrow, a week from tomorrow the forecast is calling for low single digit highs. Still have around 12-18" of snow in the woods. Pretty much a “normal” winter here so far.

1 Like

6f with a -18 windchill!

1 Like

Snow mostly gone here in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Sunny day.

1 Like

3 Likes

Ouch!
That sounds painful :thinking:

Geezuz… I just planted my second round of garlic…:relaxed:

1 Like

That was the weather we had on Tuesday or Wednesday. I snowshoed a couple miles in those temps, not bad in the woods but out in the open it was bit cold.

2 Likes

got about 5ft. after the thaw we had in dec. that melted about 18in. skiers and snowmobilers are very happy.

1 Like

went to check my ice shack. was brutal on the lake! 4-5ft drifts. blowing about 25mph!

1 Like

Getting a small but respectable snow storm in eastern CO and the foothills. 5-10" predicted at my location. This will be the biggest in several weeks, maybe more than a month. All the previously predicted storms ended up missing us or just giving us a dusting (different story for the high mtns and SW of CO).

We can use the moisture and some snow cover on the ground.

3 Likes

if we didn’t get a lot of snow here many of my plants, even though hardy to this zone would suffer damage from desiccation. last winter was unusually cold and many larger conifers that were unprotected from the NW winds had damage or died. I’m lucky as my property is protected on the NW side by large norway spruces that have many dense low hanging branches. also the shade in the afternoon protects my plants in the summer, from the heat of the day.

3 Likes

If this were to verify, there’s going to be a lot of unhappy campers!
Yikes!
Yes, that’s a -31F peeking into the model.:snowman_with_snow::snowman_with_snow:

1 Like

Yikes!

1 Like

The -29 is pretty close to my place. We get a number of lows from -20 to -30 annually. Had a couple -34s last year in the general area

3 Likes