How is your weather? (Part 1)

3AM Lightning! Thunder! 1/2" of rain! It’s party time here! :tada:

3 Likes

won’t be long before thats here! been another brutally cold early winter but we haven’t seen the daytime temps into the -20’s like we saw last year at this time. lots more snow this year also.

1 Like

Holy crap!!

You guys keep getting all the rain. Not fair!! A paltry .01" fell here with that system, east of the Diablo range.
Santa Barbara looks to be in the crosshairs of some potentially dangerous flooding, and debris flows with the systems coming in next week. NWS is already starting to issue possible evacuation advisories.

1 Like

Local forecast.

3 Likes

Will you wash away?

1 Like

Snowing

1 Like

No, but I’m hoping everything gets a good washing.

This is what we have here right now. We lost most of what we got, have only about 6" left on the ground and I’m concerned there’s not enough snow cover to effectively insulate the ground from freeze / thaw cycles. Hoping for some good heavy snowfall.

1 Like

Today we got our first snow of the year, second of the season. Not much. Less than an inch. Last few days it’s been cold and windy. Temps in low 30’s and real feel in teens maybe. It feels nice to get real winter temps for the first time this season. If it stays mild the entire season it’s hard to believe that winter is coming to an end when we get 40’s, 50’s end of Feb,early March.

I know kids will want to make a snow man today…with less than 1 inch of snow, it’s going to be a very muddy, dirty snow man.

3 Likes

2-3 inches here - enough that the spouse got out the snowblower, which is just as well, as it needs to run from time to time

2 Likes

Just grey, and very cold. About 28 degrees.

1 Like

Yeah…pattern shift looking more and more likely about the 19th or so… a very cold week (19th onward) coming up. Going to be really ugly with no snowcover…frost will move deep into the ground.

74 degrees and sunny…

2 Likes

Extended forecast is showing some real winter…at least according to GFS… but NAEFS isn’t overly cold…although it does really chill N Mexico and Fruitnuts backyard. Who knows… a ways out there… My gut says the GFS is way overdoing it…

No snow here still…did get icing yesterday, no fractures to report…yet.

1 Like

Gray.

2 Likes

Weather guessers on the Twin Cities tv stations keep talking about not having had a below zero temp yet this winter. Just shows how different the metro is to outstate MN. We’ve had numerous below zero temps (like the -6 this morning) since November.

1 Like

Been cloudy and dreary here all week, temps hovering around freezing. Supposed to snow Sunday some, and drop down to 4 to that night, hope my bramble canes don’t get fried.

Man… We have have such a run of great weather here. Georgeous days in the 50’s and 60’s and nights in 30’s and 40’s. Some rain here and there. Really couldn’t be much better since it quit dumping endless rain on us…

2 Likes

Minneapolis seems similar to here in regards to temps…maybe a tad cooler in the cities…but not much.

GFS looks all over the place… Snow is coming back this weekend…couple inches maybe…then a quick shot of cold…warm up…more snow (cold shot mid next week) and then late Jan did a complete 180 and now it looks mild with 30Fs and 40Fs…