How is your weather? (Part 1)

Yeah…old iron mine that they let fill up with groundwater so its very clear and cold…big scuba diving destination…i see a lot of people come from the Twin Cities come to dive. I think N MN has some old iron mines just like it.

4F …could make the subzero dip here…clear/new snow and not much wind.

1 Like

-10F overnite… this map shows -7F but it looks like it dropped further after the map was created…

Quite a few -40Fs across Canada…

2 Likes

Sunny and cool here, about 25. We got maybe 2in early this morning, and a lot of it’s already melting. Looking at clear, still and about 8 degrees tonight. Will be able to see the eclipse tonight.

1 Like

GFS this afternoon is now cold again… maybe another 2-4 inches Tues and then the bottom falls out.

Fri-Sat-Sun morning next week could easily be subzero teens or even -20F …ugh. Real winter.

So much for thinking it would never come

All we’ve had are buckets upon buckets of rain! I’m holding my tongue! Hope to see the ‘Super Blood Wolf Moon’ tomorrow night!

You mean TONIGHT, right. Would hate for you to miss it. lol

TFN

1 Like

Yup…winter is now here.

Next 84 hrs…another heavy swath of snow across N Iowa/S Wi…

We got about 15" of snow which makes me happy, finally have some insulation on the ground. Now 3 nights of sub-zero, it’s -3 at 5pm.

1 Like

25in. of snow expected by noon tomorrow. about a 12in so far. 30mph gusts and total whiteout conditions! worst conditions I’ve seen this winter!

2 Likes

Wow. I would love to be there just to see it…from the inside. Awesome experience.

my big red pines are about 50 yards. from my living room window and i couldn’t see them all day. our snow banks are almost to the power lines already. went to the store at 3pm. could barely see where the road was.

2 Likes

You get snow unlike anything we see here (usually). Good luck, keep riding the storm out

1 Like

18z GFS shifted the heavy snow northward.

It also shows the Polar Vortex over the entire area the 30th of Jan… mmmm… nothing like -30Fs …

Thes are actual ground temps…not wind chill

2 Likes

That map makes it easy to see why Michigan grows more peaches than WI.

1 Like

LOL… That map is the reason many people move away and never come back :smile:

5 Likes

That’s funny. I do enjoy your weather posts.

1 Like

WI? Heck those temps are “mild” compared to MN. I haven’t seen those kind of low temps forecast by any of the long range stuff I’ve seen, hope I don’t see the -37 that is hovering over my place.

1 Like

That’s insanity right there!
Bone chilling doesn’t even begin to describe it.

1 Like

In comparison, the weather in Fairbanks AK has been balmy!

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KAKFAIRB123

2 Likes