How is your weather? (Part 1)

By comparison, is it ever lol!

We have another winter storm warning for tomorrow here in Utah, with a high of 36 degrees. Right now I’m cursing the clouds as they are blocking out the view of the lunar eclipses totality.

1 Like

No view here either.

1 Like

Nice view of it here, but below zero and have to step outside to see it due to the roof overhang. Brrrrr……

1 Like

Were the skies clear last night? I love after a snow how the wolf moon shining on the snow makes the night turn to day. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

that -45f in ontario is right in line w/ us! our coldest on record here was -40f in’08. seems like the northern tier states are getting colder and snowier where as the rest of the country is getting hotter with more severe rain events. still snowing here but only lightly and the wind has died down. my driveway is 1 big 5ft. drift! going to have to dig my way to the garage! long range says another 6-10’’ weds. and another major storm sat.! getting too old for this!

1 Like

you and me both!

I’m now convinced you’ve got some polar bear in your blood.

4 Likes

just checked the NOAA snowfall chart for the season. in my area we got about 9ft total. just 45mi. south of me in caribou they are at 10ft! the national map shows that we have the most snow along with the higher elevations in the rockies. 75% of Maine right now has 5ft or more of snow. may have a new record snowfall this winter if this pattern holds.

2 Likes

Overnight here was a little chilly…i also wasn’t going outside to look at the moon. It was clear but way too cold.

ohmycod

More snow on the way the next few days…probably 4+ inches. Around here the 2000’s were the big snow years… we had that one storm which was right around 20 inches…which is still the all time record. Last few years have been very spotty with snow.

Black River Falls was -23F and Sparta was -24F … of course Milwaukee, wi was 4F

Next Friday morning should easily be colder then this morning temps…if clear/calm air is in place.

2 Likes

Ouch!!!
43F for our overnight low doesn’t look so bad. :dizzy_face:

Looking at this 10 day, winter is almost done like dinner. Feb we start to warm up nicely!

1 Like

I’m not seeing anyone else pick up on those lows yet for 1/30

took me 2 hrs to snowplow the yard with my mahindra tractor! had 5-6ft. drifts! one of the chicken coops had a ft. of snow that drifted in there. i defiantly need to build a cab for that tractor next summer. was covered w/ snow and coveralls were frozen stiff! should have took a selfie! :wink:

2 Likes

Wow, 5-6ft? Guess your berry plants are getting some good insulation! Were there any chickens in those coops?

It got down to 8 last night. Coldest night so far this winter.

Lets hope nothing close to that happens. I think this Friday will be bad enough.

Warmed up 36F already from this morning… sitting at 18F… lots of snow showing on the radar north.

-19, which is what the model had for us, is just about the record low for that date

My Mini Daffodils think it’s Spring here…Crazy…

4 Likes

yes there were but they were safe high up on their roost. didn’t like me shoveling snow out of there tho. amazing how tough the common chicken is! i did try to select cold hardy breeds like barred rocks, orphintons and wynadottes.

1 Like

i put in a 4’ by10’ bed of several varieties of crocus on my lawn last fall. hopefully the voles don’t get them and i get flowers . will be helping the early bumbles find food. planted several colors and types. i may add a line of daffodils towards the back of the bed next year if the crocuses make it.

2 Likes

Those are the breeds we’re looking to add when we get our old coop restored. Do they do any laying when it’s this cold, and do you give them any supplemental lights/heat? Do you clear some ground for them to scratch around, or are they confined to the coop until spring?