How is your weather? (Part 1)

@warmwxrules
Yes

Well with January in the bag, we had a pretty typical month;
Looking back, and looking at the next 10 day!

Today my daughter and two of her Girl Scout friends set up a booth outside of a local gas station to sell Girl Scout cookies. It was 17 degrees this morning when we were there. It was brutal to stand out in the cold selling cookies. Half way through they were so cold they started to cry and wanted to give up. Mothers decided to take turn and take each one of them inside to warm up for 5 minutes.
At the end came out of it alive and sold 24 boxes and $12 in donations.

3 Likes

Around here, every supermarket and local bank allow girl scouts to sell cookies inside. Never seen any girl scouts here are out in that weather here.

1 Like

10 Likes

Most of the places we sell also allow us to sell at least between the doors, where the cart area usually is. This local Wawa is small and even after we asked to stay between the two sets of doors, they said it’ll be too crowded :frowning:

Now that’s some kinda funny there Richard. Im sitting on my tractor reading and loudly openly laughed out loud!

2 Likes

all 3 of my dogs want to do just that! they gave me that look since nov.! :wink:

1 Like

Today is warm with a light rain. We took down a couple big sycamore branches, and I’m going to get out in my berry patch and start clearing dead canes.
I have four of my sixteen hens laying eggs with the increase in daylight, so I guess I can go take the fried chicken recipe out of the coop.

3 Likes

Mostly sunny and about 50 today, just about all the snow is gone, but now it’s Mudville around here again. Supposed to be in the 60s and sunny the next couple days, then more rain and cooler at the end of the week.

Janet was at it again today with her camera :slight_smile:

9 Likes

It was 70 degrees yesterday and 20 degrees two hours later. Kansas weather changes very quickly!

3 Likes

Melt underway

1 Like

We had an amazing melt over the weekend…its been above freezing for close to 3 days now and most of that with temps stuck around 40F…snow went bye bye… big lakes of water all over.

Looks like a quick cold shot late week and then out by the weekend with a nice warmup. Extended looks normalish for Feb… NAEFS shows if you want hot weather, head to Florida, while western Canada/Pacific NW gets the brunt of the cold

2 Likes

I’ve already got outdoor nectarines blooming. It’s 9 weeks till last frost date. That’s what we get for having lots of chilling early in the winter season.

2 Likes

Steve, that is not a good thing. You did the right thing by building your green house.

Tony

2 Likes

I miss those winter thaws that southern and central WI seem to get. That doesn’t usually happen up here. From the looks of the long range forecast, it’s going to be well into March before any thawing occurs here.

This area’s first snow of the season,started yesterday afternoon.It’s going to warm up to about 40F,but will stay about 20F - 30F during the night,at least til mid month.
I need to get out and knock some off the branches.bb

8 Likes

Pouring buckets right now. :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain:

5 Likes

60’s all week and now trees are budding out. It’s too soon.

2 Likes