How is your weather? (Part 1)

Looks like the same here.As a person gets older,do they hate snow more?bb

1 Like

Three days straight of sleet and freezing rain here. Garbage! No fun commuting in this.

I remember my buddy in high school spinning his tires on glare ice in front the school…think the speedo was reading 85 or so…well he caught dry pavement finally and ended up throwing the timing chain… if i had a time machine i’d go back and relive the 90s.

Phoenix was only 56F today? yikes…brrrr…

2 Likes

thats july weather in n. Maine!

2 Likes

It’s a bit above average even for us. I’m going to get a little aggressive and hope we don’t get anymore than one more frost this year. I’ll be planting stuff in the ground this weekend… I expect one or two more cold snaps but then again…maybe Not… Not usually a gambling man but the forecast says gamble…

1 Like

Half a foot of new snow on the ground and snowing heavily.

Same here…it’s really heavy right now…white out. Roads are going to be complete garbage at supper time.

If you minus out May/June/July…the last year of weather has been awful here…just garbage…if its not raining, it was cloudy…if it wasn’t cloudy it was -30F…and now its rain/ice/sleet/snow… probably be 90F in April and then have 20F in May :sunny:

About 6-8" of fresh snow on the ground overnight and this a.m. Still snowing with another 3-7" in the forecast. The wind is picking up now and it’s a borderline blizzard. Windchill warnings kick in later today with -40 possible.

This has been a rough winter, and we still have 2-3 months to go. Schools are out of snowdays. I bet they’ll be extending the school year here, probably be a bunch of P.O.'d parents who’ll have to re-schedule vacations.

I don’t know about everybody else, but I sure do. Snow is just a big PITA to me

Yep. Here in Livermore as well!

3 Likes

Well it’s 80 degrees here today and the vast majority of my fruit trees and blueberry bushes think its time to wake up. By the end of next week most of my nectaplums, plums, peaches, pluots, apricots and blueberry bushes will be in full bloom. Given how early it is I don’t see a good fruit growing season here due to our late frosts (and we will most likely get some cold weather in March). @Chris_in_GA – are you seeing the same thing up north? Oh well, my honeybees are happy so there is a positive in all of this.

28F this morning and 9F now… about 4 or 5 inches of snow. Down down down go the temps.

We were very close this am 30°F and a chilly (for us) 53°F at 4:30pm local time.

It was crazy warm today but all my trees are thankfully still sleeping. I remember last year we had a warm February and a cold windy March, maybe we are in for a repeat.

80 F here today. Rabbiteye buds are on the move. Flame prince peach buds swelling a bit but still closed tightly. Southern Bartlett pear at tight cluster. Pineapple and golden boy pear showing green. Everything else sleeping still. We have had about 800 chilling hrs so far this year. Last year was over 1000.

-8 actual temp with a -34 windchill. It’s a bit breezy out there

About 12 degree outside, but is very windy. Feel very cold

This morning is at 13 degrees, with a high of 33 today. We have precipitation forecasted for the next 7/10 days. A major snowstorm came through Tuesday that snarled traffic and shut down some schools, which happens so infrequently here that the districts who closed will have to make up any day they missed since there are 0 built in snow days.

1 Like