How is your weather? (Part 1)

Wife is 37… we met 20 years ago this month. I remember that August…weather was very cool that month.

Ragweed was horrible here the past 2 days… Seems early. Lasts about a month in these parts. Claritin helps though.

2 Likes

I use Zyrtex myself. I was raised in Ohio. Here in Florida i have had to take one every day all year. Springtime is absolutely brutal for any and all allergies. The cars turn green with pollen…

1 Like

Cold front bringing moderate rain - chilling up

1 Like

Hey @itheweatherman – I hope you are unaffected by the flash floods in your region today.

1 Like

I’m worried also about the days cooling a bit and getting shorter in regards to our tomatoes. Most of the first crop of them have been pilfered by deer. I’ve come up with a possible deterrent that’s worked for a few days.

If this works out, the plants could give us a late crop, as they are still blooming, and haven’t been totally disabled by deer munching and diseases. But, I’m wondering if their production might be hampered by the cooler weather, provided they can escape any more deer shenanigans.

1 Like

Back in the 80’s I lived in an area of northern California (Alderpoint) where Mule Deer are prevalent. To keep the deer and other critters out, the industrious folks in the area built 11 foot high fences that also dived 18 inches below ground. The lower half of the fence was 1 inch welded wire while the upper half was standard chain link. Typically a small dog and a couple cats were also housed there to discourage squirrels (aka forest rats).

1 Like

Southwest British Columbia/Pacific Northwest is experiencing record high heat wave which along with the smoke coming from 126 massive wildfires burning in the interior is making it difficult to spend much time outside. Air quality today is worse than Beijing or Los Angeles according to the local news. Temperatures in the low-mid 30s (80s) but Friday will be the hottest yet.

Anthony

2 Likes

47 balmy degrees this morning!! Now this is how summer was meant to be. Record low was 45 degrees.

1 Like

3000% humidity ,hot and going to the beach!

4 Likes

Mid 50Fs here this morning… Feels like October out there with the wind. A taste of things to come. Extended should keep us in the mid 70Fs during the day, mid/upper 50Fs at night…good camping weather.

1 Like

104f tues, wed. A “cool” marine layer took us back to only 92f yesterday.

1 Like

Trough locked in the middle of the country…me likes!

2 Likes

Tomatoes won’t like

2 Likes

Temperature in our area was around 30°C /86F the last few days.

Yesterday it climbed up to 38°C / 100F !

I dont mind the heat but we desperately need rain … the ground already has deep cracks and the grass looks burned.

Canadian high pressure sent temps plummeting in the plains…low 40Fs into Nebraska this morning.

2 Likes

We can usually count on our humidity level to drop near the start of the sec college football games. Looks like we still have plenty of summer remaining.

2 Likes

If anyone wants to play with something really cool…check out this imagery of Goes 16 (the newest weather sat that still hasn’t gone officially operational)… the 5 min imagery is sweet…and the floater 1 min stuff is really cool, if its over your area.

just click on the left on the 5 min to bring up the nationwide map and click on your area. Remember the visible is daylight sensitive. You can also click on the number of frames…it takes awhile to load the 200…

2 Likes

Thanks @warmwxrules. Any way to get it to show water vapor?

1 Like

on the left you can click on mid level and low level wv imagery… I haven’t played with it too much. Found it a few days ago.

1 Like