How is your weather? (Part 1)

I share your pain @SpokanePeach but that picture is awesome!

It’s snowing out so hard even a yeti would be confused which direction he’s heading.

2 Likes

Here’s a source of the San Diego “snow” I mentioned earlier.

San%20Diego%20snow

9 Likes

It’s changing to rain here now.bb

1 Like

Midwest are blanket white

Tony

4 Likes

Newport, RI, one inch of snow. Rain to start soon for about four hours. Snow will disappear! Yessss!

2 Likes

This evening I learned that Bozeman MT has been too temperate this winter for our friend so she’s going to Antarctica for 3 weeks. :cold_face:

2 Likes

She should hurry - summer’s almost over!

2 Likes

Rain and snow today and rain tomorrow, that should make a mucky mess. The weekend is supposed to be clear with highs in the mid 30s, hopefully I can get into my berry patch and start clearing canes and adding supports for new ones.

1 Like

After the snow stopped we had non-stop rain for hours. Buckets of water! Now this morning we have an ice skating rink for a terrace and steps to match!

1 Like

Sure glad I plowed the early snows way off the driveway. If I hadn’t, I’d be screwed. Talked to a couple local business people yesterday, they’re going to start having to pay to have snow loaded and hauled away pretty soon. 4th snowiest February on record in much of MN, and the month is only half over. No warm ups in the long range forecast until late March

1 Like

The ice trees sure look sparkly in the sunshine

2 Likes

Rain and more rain in Kentucky…2018 was the wettest year ever in KY…new year is off to a good start for a repeat. Rain here, and a little black ice this morning. Low 30’s at lunch time and breezy. (Wind chill.)

3 Likes

The sun is shining on the blinding white snow.

1 Like

@tonyOmahaz5 I’m not sure if seeing grass through the snow counts as getting a snow storm. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

11 to 14 inches locally fell…kids lost another day of school (up to 5 now)… Just north of here they had 18 to 20 inches… On top of what we had this is the most snow i’ve seen on the ground at any time a few years. Nice and sunny this afternoon…tomorrow should end up around freezing…nothing crazy cold at least. I’ll take this snow over -31F anyday.

Extended shows snow again this weekend…a few more inches.

2 Likes

My wife works at the school, naturally my kids go there. Counting today (off again/snow storm) Since January 21st.

Schoo in Session School Closed
1/22 1/21
1/23 1/25
1/24 1/28
2/4 1/29
2/5 1/30
2/6 1/31
2/7 2/1
2/11 2/8
2/12
2/13
2 Likes

Wow…they could be going until July?

I know here they are talking about adding minutes to each school day…and they are working with the state to loosen the yearly classroom minutes (kids need x amount of minutes each year)…

This is the most days off of school for weather i’ve ever seen. Most years its 1 or 2…i’m not even sure they had any (snow days) last year.

I don’t know about MI, but WI law requires 180 instruction days for public schools and MN requires 165. It’ll be much easier for MN schools to deal with all the days off this year than it will be for WI schools I think.

I think our MI minimum changed in 2013 to 170 from 165.

Well I guess in 2016 it changed to 180. Last day of school before was June 12th, I have no idea what it will be now.

1 Like

I’d guess that there will indeed be some schools in WI and MI going until July. Gonna mess with a lot of family vacations I bet.

1 Like