How is your weather? (Part 1)

2 of the days were ‘state of emergency’ so I don’t think those count against. I think they get allotted 5, maybe have to make up 3-4 so far.

1 Like

Kind of crazy for the inter-mountain desert areas of this state…

1 Like

Yep, it’s been so wet for the last 4 months. I think the most straight days without rain has been about 4 or so. I’ve been wanting to get out the tractor and do some bush hogging since fall but I would put huge ruts in the ground if I tried. Or get stuck. I’m worried things are going to start greening up before I have a chance to do any mowing.

The driveway has turned into mostly a mud slick. We’re definitely going to have to have some gravel brought in when it dries out a bit. I’ve never seen it this wet here since we moved here. Very frustrating.

The Ohio River is in flood stage, again, along with most of its tributaries around here. The only good thing about all this moisture is that it hasn’t snowed hardly any, maybe 5 inches total this winter. But, we might get 3in this weekend, which would be our biggest snow of the year.

1 Like

Poured here today :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pouring harder now, and at 45° :cloud_with_rain: :slight_smile:

Precip Rate: 1.2 in/hr
Precip Accum: 2.43 in

4 Likes

Yikes!
We had our deluge yesterday. Almost 1.5" for the day. Exceptionally rare in my rain shadowed location. Unsettled here with a sun dark cloud mix and 54°

1 Like

No snow in the forecast so what is it doing? Snowing :roll_eyes:

Windchill advisory now may turn to windchill warning later today. 35 mph wind with below zero temps. Maybe as low as -30 windchill. No big deal after the mid -60s below we had a few weeks back. This has been a pretty brutal winter and it’s only mid-February.

3 Likes

Feels mild with temps right around freezing…not much wind. A little sunshine. streets are slop.

The next few mornings lot cold…but nothing brutal…maybe around 0F.

Calling for light snow here this afternoon…or at least a shot. I snow raked my roof…man that is a workout. Now i have huge snow piles to move away from house…

Come to Washington.The snow is warmer over here.bb

2 Likes

Rain, rain and more rain. My new location gets 3X as much as downtown San Jose. Chilling is going to be epic this year. Too bad, I don’t have any Flavor Supreme or Emerald Beaut! :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Hard to figure out what’s going to happen here. WU had a forecast of 9-15" for the next few days. NWS is an inch or so over that same period. So far NWS’s view seems to be panning out. Cloudy, very windy (80mph+ gusts), but you can count the snow flakes.

I know it’s hard to predict weather here since small changes in location can produce big weather differences, but differences like this one have me scratching my head, how could WU and NWS get it so different?

1 Like

Looking at different models? There can be a huge variation depending on if you look at euro/gfs/ggem/nam…etc etc… also model runs can jump back and forth. That last storm…the gfs was waaaay too low on snow amounts here…had everything east and the heaviest amts actually ended up being here and just north. I would say snowstorms are super tough call to make…especially if temps are hovering around that freezing mark.

I was going to say i know a guy (i’m sort of related to him) who knocked out his front teeth with a snow rake…not sure how that happened but my mom was telling me about it. Now that is some expensive snow removal!

2 Likes

Had a beautiful almost 60 degree day. Saw a couple of teenagers outside in shorts!
Heading into cooler weather again though. Have to think about getting first sprays of the year in.

1 Like

57 degrees yesterday, 52 this a.m. and now a touch of ice on the shrubbery…must be spring.

Looks like y’all might get some snow tonight. We were supposed to get about 3in, but the forecast models shifted it south towards the TN/KY line. We might get some flurries, if anything, which is fine by me, it needs to dry out a lot.

I haven’t checked radar in an hour or two…but it may be finished. Ground too warm to cause traffic problems (except possibly on overpasses, etc.). No white stuff outside. Nothing falling at the moment.

But we had rain and sleet mix for about 2 hours. With freezing on tree limbs.

It’s moving in from your NW, rain should change over to snow early in the morning, but not too much. When the sun comes out tomorrow it’ll probably melt off pretty quick.

We had a high of 51 today, then the temperature dropped and we are back to snow. Snow tomorrow with a high of 33, then 33 Sunday. I wish we could have had one warmer day this weekend. I’m itching to be out doing something.

2 Likes