How is your weather? (Part 1)

Where I live…

Just two hours North where my land is I work as a farm…

Our Friday-Sunday forecast is showing anywhere from 3-10" of snow. Supposed to snow on Wednesday too…3-5". We’ll easily break the record for snowiest February

2 Likes

I think we live in the wrong continent --Most of Europe will be spring like the next week…
europeheat

Hopefully the weekend storm trends warm and it’s all rain.

1 Like

My Friend Bob and his wife must be loving this…They leave for Paris later this week…

1 Like

Not much hope of that here. Forecast showing highs in the teens and low twenties.

1 Like

Had some flurries today, but not enough to matter. Tomorrow night, though, it’s supposed to snow heavily (~1-2"?) around midnight for a few hours, then very heavy rain after that, maybe 2 more inches before it clears out Wed night. What a mess.

Good grief, I can’t stand all this rain. I need to take soil samples soon, so I guess I’ll have to try to get some tomorrow afternoon before the ground muds up again. It’s hardly dried out now, but I don’t have much choice.

Just going thru new 0z gfs…looks like it would start out maybe as sleet/slop and then quickly turn over to heavy snow here…please do not let this be another feb 23, 2007 storm (we got 20+ inches with that one)

This includes both storms (Weds/Weekend)…

3 Likes

Wow, you guys have just got pounded this year, it seems. Heavy snows and brutal cold, not a pleasant winter…

I’ve been wondering how much snow we would have got this winter if the temps had been a bit cooler when all this rain had fallen.

A lot of it depends on temps and water/snow ratio. An easy way is just to go 10:1 —1 inch of liquid to 10 inches of snow…but i’ve seen ratios as high as 20:1…very light powder…but it does settle down to about nothing after a few days.

1 Like

looks like over foot coming this week from 2 storms. :frowning:

We broke our all time temp for month of February yesterday. 89 degrees

2 Likes

A late frost will wipe out their buds

Mine are actually blooming… Frost now would be devastating…

5 Likes

Just got 7 inches of snow 3 days ago and another 5 to 8 inches tomorrow. I am so done with this Winter…

Tony

2 Likes

12z gfs has shifted heaviest snows (6+ inches?)with tonite/tomorrows storm right over my head. Looking like a good hit on SE MN/NE Iowa too… Weekend storm still coming in…hope it trends somewhere not here.

1 Like

send a little of that here please! supposed to finally get closer to normal temps of mid 20’s by the end of the week. usually we get a mid season thaw. not this winter or our last! would like to see some warmer drier winters like we had about 10yrs. ago.

2 Likes

Weekend system looks so iffy right now… starts as rain/all depends on how quickly it changes to snow… its going to be a mess even if its rain. Low tracks from SE Iowa just south of Green Bay… Usually big snows here you want that low to track through Chicago or so…

1 Like

A little more snow today, not quite enough to need shoveling, but enough to make my students damp.

Snow Moon by Janet

5 Likes