How is your weather? (Part 1)

What an incredible night in Florida…

Preformatted text![IMG_20190301_211053|562x1000](upload://yIfAxZc4E90U8RCq963wreTzCUF.jpeg)

1 Like

Fireflies? What am I looking at?

Stars. A full black sky. Stars with no city light at all… Night vision on an Android camera…

3 Likes

That’s the actual sky

1 Like

I got to look up at the Milky Way for 18 years…before any in our valley got electricity.

It was nice.

2 Likes

Got another 5-6" of snow today. The weather guessers have upped tomorrow night’s low. No more -20. All the way up to -18 instead :roll_eyes:

Supposed to hit the mid to upper 20s for highs next weekend. I don’t remember the last time it was that warm. It’s been quite awhile

3 Likes

got more snow coming and upper teens all next week.

1 Like

I saw some pics on facebook today from northern Maine. A few guys were shoveling off a roof and I’d guess there was a consistent 4-5’ of snow on that roof. I don’t envy the snow you get

1 Like

I’m seeing ice damming on a lot of houses i drive by. Some very ugly looking…like foot thick or more ice right along the edge of the roof and maybe a foot or more wide… i also saw some bent gutter on another house with a metal roof (think the weight of the snow must have caved it). I’ve seen ice now reaching from the roof to the ground on several houses… Going to get even worse before it gets better when/if we do melt.

3 Likes

I’ve gone around my roof and broke up those ice dams 4xs already. my pitch is shallow so if i don’t keep up on it, when it melts, the water backs up under the shingles. happened once about 6 years ago and the water leaked down a wall and ruined the floor.

1 Like

GFS shows mid 50Fs mid month…so the melt should really take off by then. Its going to be a slop fest. Still can’t wait to find out if all my trees are dead or what from Jan cold.

You must be getting warm air that my area isn’t…or you’re looking at different long range stuff than I am. I have one or two 40 degree days the last week of March. Other than that it’s teens to 30s.

March is tough because a front can set up right around this area…where south of it can be 70F and north can be 30F… its nice to see but definitely nothing to lock in this far out. I do think the trend is more typical March weather and hopefully some melt.

The NAEFS has slowly been lessening on the cold air dome overhead…hopefully its gone completely in a few days. This would then point to a mid month mild shot.

1 Like

I’m all in for some melting. I’ve enjoyed snowshoeing a couple miles a day 4-5 times a week for weeks (and weeks), but I’m ready to go back to walking on the roads.

1 Like

Just looking at Day 10 Euro…the cold air is pretty much locked back in the Arctic (purples/blues) …with a trough off the coast of California (more rain?) …so ridging is pumped up in the middle of the country which brings a SW flow…so warmer air should be on the way. Whole country should be “mild”…

3 Likes

Hope this materializes. We’ve been cold and below average dreary for over a month. I haven’t even started to fertilize any citrus yet. (About a week and counting behind schedule)

1 Like

I did that right before the last storm. The trees were not waiting and were sprouting buds.

2 Likes

We had a high of 37 today,we were out chipping and cutting branches from the sycamore we are taking out until it started snowing again. Tomorrow will be in the 40s, with no snow. Now I’m stiff and trying to stay awake until a respectable time.

It’s going to rain again all day tomorrow. We’ve had twice the amount of rain we usually get in the last six months.

The bad freeze nights coming gained two degrees in the forecast that might matter. But the 19-20 degree night stands. Today one of my peaches is definitely blooming, darnit. And a large mystery J plum that I may never get to see the fruit on, lol.

Live from Fairbanks AK … it’s Saturday night!

8 Likes