How is your weather? (Part 1)

Richard,
Your pictures could make a good addition to the new thread started by Annie,entitled,Interesting places you have visited.It’s in the Lounge.bb

2 Likes

Cold for us in Kansas…
-4 this morning! It’s looking up though. The high might reach 17.

3 Likes

It was 2 at the house this morning, burrr.

1 Like

Couple of cold nights coming here…:laughing: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

-10F on the car this morning…that is usually pretty accurate…nws says a -12F early this morning.

GFS keeps advertising a big precip event this coming weekend. Right now it looks like mostly rain and a good amount of it. What a mess.

2 Likes

Our weather has been great this late winter in southern Georgia, BUT a couple of dicey mornings coming up. Light frost Wed and Thurs am. Citrus are blooming, and tomato plants are out. Might be covering up some stuff.

1 Like

-18 windchill right now, actual temp of -8. Supposedly…it’s going to get into the low 30s by the end of the week. Of course, more snow on Saturday and Sunday though. The first day it’s sunny, with no wind, and a temp in the 40s I’m gonna put on a pair of shorts and pretend its spring :grinning:

3 Likes

Funny thing is with the increasing sun angle//an ice glacier in place…a person could really get a nice tan going :sunny:

2 Likes

I’ve been getting plenty of color on my face from being outside. All the snow is just like a big mirror for the sun rays.

2 Likes

We got about 1.5", most of it yesterday, and a bit more overnight. It was enough to shut down school around here and the surrounding counties. Not much snow, but with it freezing overnight, they don’t like to take chances because of the hilly, curvy roads.

Supposed to drop into the teens the next couple nights, then warm up towards the weekend.

1 Like

I definitely prefer the cold to those tornadoes!

2 Likes

Low temps… .outside of S Florida everyone was chilly… Key West 77F… our summer nights aren’t that warm.

2 Likes

I’ve gotten some wicked sunburn/ snow blindness ice fishing on sunny march days!

1 Like

Hmmm…both the Euro and GFS bring a low right across this area next weekend. The liquid is looking more and more solid this afternoon… heavy wet slop. Looking similar to the last storm that hit SE MN so hard… Sat night most likely.

I really hope the snow totals are wrong. I have nowhere to put 10-19" of wet, heavy snow

2 Likes

Out at the woodstove this morning, -8, my glove had a whole at the tip of the right index finger. I was out there about 10 mins cuz of some extra stuff to do. Feeling stilling slowly coming back to it.

Sunday is supposed to be 48? What, at this point I don’t care how fast spring comes, just get here and I’ll deal with it.

2 Likes

That sounds fantastic. Be careful with those fingers, I frost bit a few on my right hand when I was in my 30s and they still get numb (and stay that way for quite awhile) really quickly

1 Like

seen the same trend here but more precip. in winter. winters are getting snowier and colder yet our summers aren’t showing the same wetter trend.

i feel your pain! :wink:

1 Like

Be careful!

1 Like