How is your weather? (Part 1)

40’s-50’s lots of sun, pruned for 2 hours today, will finish Sat. And Sun. Perfect spraying weather!

1 Like

Storm system wrapping up nicely. Not really much happenening around here. Unless you like ice and falling.

2 Likes

I used to teach there! [not meteorology]

1 Like

The rain started here about an hour ago. I figured the rain and salt combo would at least put a dent in the ice on the driveway. Sure doesn’t seem like it right now. NWS still saying 1-1.5 inches total today. Maybe there’s still a chance for some melting

1 Like

They always had public access of the euro model back in the day…so i would always use that site. Now they got rid of it…but i still like using their sat loops … i think you can find them on the nws but you have to dig and dig… no thanks.

46F… been warming all day. Raining now although it would appear we’ll get dry slotted afterwards so night should stay dry…and mild.

rain done and actually see clearing as the sun sets here. …and man does it get dark late now. Really going to get spring fever when this snow is finally gone. Get the bike out…pop some wheelies… probably fly over my handlebars.

Our snowpack is looking good, so we will hopefully not have water restrictions this summer. We had a 35 degree high today, with some snow and wind. We didn’t see much in the way of accumulation where I am, but there was more a little ways south. After yesterday’s 53 degree high it seemed even colder. I’m hoping the 47 forecasted for Saturday sticks.

2 Likes

Got to 72 today (!?!), and mostly sunny. Was about 60 yesterday. Looking at abt 72 tomorrow too, before it rains and cools off back down to the 50s/30s for a next five days.

5 Likes

be glad to send you folks some! another day in the 40’s and sunny. its starting to slowly melt. got some warm rain moving in tonight until sat. night. just enough to help melt the snow. were getting there!

1 Like

Got up to 51F but it’s pouring now. Thunderstorm overnight… Lots of melt…snowbanks are really shrinking but the water has nowhere to go.

Madison, WI was 61F …so the heat was right there…they had more sun then over here.

2 Likes

I think it may have hit 38 this morning. 34 now with misty rain. It’s supposed to turn to snow later today and maybe amount to .5" or so. Tomorrow’s high in the upper 20’s so there’s gonna be a whole lot of ice around here.

Dover, DE…
70°
SUNNY
feels like 70°
UV Index 3 of 10
|Wind|S 18 mph|
|Humidity|49%|
|Dew Point|49°|
|Pressure|30.09 in|
|Visibility|10.0 mi|

Best Day in a LONG time.

System moving into IN as front comes thru, with forecasts overreacting. Storms here didn’t bring thunder or hail, and while we watched for a tornado, none materialized.

Lot of thawing, water and mud.

lots of melt with the sun the last couple days. where i snow plowed near the chicken coop the ground showed for the 1st time since nov.! the chicks, ducks and geese were all over any green stubble they could find there. i pulled up a pail and sat in the sun for a good hr. watching them. chickadees were playing above my head in the pines.

3 Likes

We hit 58.8F today and 2 flocks of geese flew over heading North. One more day in the 50’s and then back to below freezing for the next 4 days. Nice to see some of our roofs cleared but the underground drainage for the gutters is still frozen up. Hope they clear out tomorrow.

2 Likes

In the high forties tomorrow (our St. Patricks Day Parade is on for tomorrow, so its time to hide in your own backyard)! Our town is mess over this holiday?; if the weather is sunny, every drunk and party person from miles around will find their way to Newport. Worse than living in NYC as Newport is far smaller,. Ugh what a mess, no offense against the Irish by the way!

1 Like

by thurs. next week will be back into the 40’s. only a short cold spell.

LIARS. 100% chance of rain.
Didn’t happen. Not where I am.

2 Likes

A rough weather day here today, with 3 smaller tornadoes that were in unpopulated areas and caused little damage, but 70 mph wind gusts that took shingles off my roof, but let me tell you, the rain came down. Got 4 inches overnight, a few more up until 9am, then got 5 inches in less than 10 minutes! Rain was sideways, for once I was happy my trees don’t have leaves yet. Then after 12 noon, it was like a switch was turned off, sun came out, birds sang and Spring Peepers were calling the rest of the day and evening. Spring is surely here now, pulled in on that wind. Glad no one was injured.

7 Likes

I can’t even imagine 5" of rain in 10 minutes. That’s crazy!

3 Likes

We just had a storm blow thru here around midnight, but it only lasted about 20 minutes. Power went out for about 5 minutes, surprised it came back on so fast. Usually if it goes out for the first minute, it stays off for maybe hours.

The wind today was something fierce, all day, I imagine we hit 50mph with some of the strongest gusts. I went to town today and was dodging a lot of tree debris on the roads. It was very warm, got to about 75.

Some of my tree cages got dislodged, but not too much damage. Looks like some roof tin got blown off the barn, gonna have to fix that somehow.

Now that the storm’s past, the winds have really died down finally. After tomorrow, we’ll be back to 50s/30s for the next week.In that 20 minutes, I bet we got maybe a half inch of rain. It was starting to dry out a bit here, but it seems we can’t go 4 days without a down pour.

2 Likes