How is your weather? (Part 1)

Its 40, sun is shining, no wind, dear Lord, awesome day!

3 Likes

NWS showing 59F here today…

Looking at extended…could be pushing 70F late week if we believe the GFS. The GFS also has MID 70Fs first week of April… that is way too far out…but outside of parking lot glaciers, this snow is history in the next week…

Although the flood waters will be making their way south. I was reading that it takes 1 week for Minneapolis water to get here.

1 Like

Wow, that would be something else. Forecast here calling for 54 on Wednesday, that’d be the warmest day here since sometime last October.

1 Like

Extended here is suggesting that the lows may not go below 30F after the first part of the week

2 Likes

Yeah…the problem is the models are really not agreeing much in the long term…euro is way south next week, while Gfs cuts a low towards lake superior…so who knows. The euro is usually right more then wrong…so i’ll side with the more south solution.

Nice day today… we didn’t top 60F. …56F or so looks to be it.

Figs, gardenia, and some other tropicals spent the day outside… they are liking it.

1 Like

We had a high of 53 today with showers off and on. It’s been warm enough that I had to kill a couple of mosquitoes while I was out working.

2 Likes

This is going to be a great year for the floodwater mosquitoes

1 Like

Rain not really making it into the area this morning. Remember last week the GFS had a half inch falling on my head… not sure if we will get anything.

Cold front moves thru but the sun comes back tomorrow so decent day again. Late week still all over the place.

I was looking. This was last night, but Minnapolis for the month was avg 24.2F … Fairbanks, AK was avg 24.1F … Just shows how displaced the cold has been.

2 Likes

we were supposed to get more snow today but got bright sun and decent temps. no complaints here.

2 Likes

Mid 60’s with a few more days of rain. Ugg!
At least I planted the tomatoes today :tomato::tomato:

Around 70 in Columbus NC today…and I went barefoot.
(Also saw redbuds, Carolina silverbells, and serviceberries in bloom…what a nice sight.)
Back to KY tomorrow.

4 Likes

Talking heads on the Metro TV channels all atwitter about upcoming flooding. It seems like it has been a slow melt up here, but I imagine the further south you go along the Miss. River the uglier it may get. We do have flood warnings in effect towards the end of the week for stem rivers. The next couple weeks should tell the story.

1 Like

been the same here. melting slow but supposed to hit the 50’s fri. we’ve lost about 3ft. of the snow so far.

2 Likes

I think if we can keep the rain away that will help a lot. The GFS now keeps all the heavy rain south late week…no more then a sprinkle here. The next heavy rain chance isn’t for 10 days at least as of now. Temps also look great…40Fs to around 60F the next week or so.

Mississippi is showing 14.4ft on last day of March… the last major flooding around here was 2001 and that year it hit 16.4ft…

Minneapolis could be mid 60Fs or better Weds afternoon… that should really put the remaining snow out of business.

3 Likes

Ya, I keep hearing the Metro stations saying that. Forecast here is for mid 50’s on Wednesday. Then back to highs in the upper 30s to mid 40s. From what I saw, much of the south Metro is largely snow free already.

15 this morning when I got up and 17 forecast for tonight. It takes quite awhile into the day before it warms up much

22F here this morning. Thinking mid 50Fs today

Try to get out and take a bike ride tomorrow. Go look at the flooding. The La Crosse river is getting backed up by the Mississippi now… it was a raging torrent 2 weeks ago and now it is flowing backwards!

The good thing is NO signs of cold. Just typical spring type stuff for us…40Fs and 50Fs… there does look to be warmer air maybe the 2nd week of April…but that is a ways off yet. Even overnight lows should stick to around freezing.

2 Likes

after weds. its going to stay in the upper 40’s finally. some rain coming. hope its not too much at 1 time.

1 Like

68 in the Metro tomorrow. 50 here. Heck of a difference…

1 Like

That should really wipe out a lot of the remaining snow around the city and even areas north.

2 Likes