How is your weather? (Part 1)

2 Likes

Clouds have ruined any real warmth. Did hit 61f so farā€¦

This is the first 60F or warmer since October 22 when it hit 66F.

4 Likes

Still looking like rain late Weds/Thurs of next weekā€¦ Widespreadā€¦probably under an inch.

50Fs and some sun again today by the looks of it. Cooler this weekend.

River still slowly creeping up. Should crest late next week. Lots and lots of bald eagles around ā€¦ I counted a dozen just standing on the ice in a little bay by my house. They really like a late ice with some open water nearby.

1 Like

Rain here tonite, then a pretty hard freeze overnite Sat

Woke up here with surprise snow. It was supposed to be rain. Tonightā€™s low is 33.

6 Likes

Pretty though!

1 Like

Insulation

1 Like

68Ā° today 70Ā° Saturday, 73Ā° Sunday. Then, back into more showers.

Good thing about snow this time of year is it melts very quickly.

Models would hint at maybe some real spring warmth about a week to 10 days outā€¦60Fs and even 70Fs showing up in the long range. Really looking forward to the everything greening up.

2 Likes

High in the mid 30s tomorrow. Mainly 40s in the 10 day with maybe a couple days in the 50s

1 Like

Cool temps are a good thing this time of year, although we long for warmth.

1 Like

NAEFS is hinting at some REAL warmth the second week of Aprilā€¦something to dream about. I would love a week of 70F or better to get everything moving. Very warm lookā€¦ .who knowsā€¦maybe 80F? Doesnā€™t take much this time of year.

2 Likes

Oh, no, I hope we donā€™t get too warm too fast. Iā€™m grafting as fast as I can, lol! Thatā€™s nothing compared to flooding, obviously, but still a weather gripe :wink:

Tomorrow will be the 3rd day into the 70s with no rain here. The air smells like spring flowers. Bumblebees are noticeable everywhere while I graft. My dog took a snooze right out in the open yard in the sunshine. Itā€™s kind of wonderful!

4 Likes

I would love that tooā€¦but I imagine my trees would prefer a continued slowly warming spring. If that long range forecast is accurate, I may be able to get a dormant oil/copper spray done in 10 days or so.

1 Like

If it werenā€™t for the low 20s forecast for tonite, I could have planted out the vegetable garden on Wednesday. Ground was all ready.

Why didnā€™t you plant the seeds? (and broccoli and cabbages and onion sets or plants),ā€¦they could probably take it? And April 3rd it may be safe to plant even tomatoes and beansā€¦here in my areaā€¦if you keep something handy to cover them just in case.
Zone 6 b Kentucky

28 with a windchill around 15 right now. Pretty darn nippy walking out there today

All day yesterday ranged from 58 to 63ā€¦and last night too. Partly sunny, windy, and heading towards 70 if it ainā€™t already there! (Imagine itā€™s supposed to be mid-20ā€™s tomorrow night).

Soil temperature. Iā€™ve discovered that later-planted peas in warmer soil will sprout before seeds planted in cold soil earlier. Last week the temps were just about right, but this cold snap, altho brief, will likely freeze the soil.

I did plant the onions, plus a row of lettuce seedlings and some early cabbage, but an early frost might set back broccoli heading.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve noticed the same thing.