How is your weather? (Part 1)

No more 60s in the weekend forecast. Also no 24 hour periods with temps above freezing and no rain in the 10 day forecast. My dormant oil/copper spray will have to wait.

And my dormant oil didnā€™t get doneā€¦too busy on the warm days, and too cold on the other days.

Couple of apple trees blooming already. Niedzwetzkyana and Granny Smith.

Heavy frost on the ground and on trees. I expect I lost 75% or more of my peaches. On my mature trees I will start cutting out the ones that donā€™t produce when frosts occur - likely Elegant lady, Crimson Rocket, and two unknown peach trees that were supposed to be Hale Haven and Belle of Georgia.

Still showing mid/upper 60Fs here but not sure how dry it stays.

In my strawberry bed i noticed a lot of new growth moving. Its a raised bed and always warms the first. Also noticing grass starting to green up in south facing locations.

2 Likes

Itā€™s in 50s l just got my delayed dormant spray done oil+copper. Every thing is still dormant except the blue berries

1 Like

I just uncovered my strawbs and put down fert. I noticed that where the cover shifted off the edge of one row, some leaves were singed - otherwise it looks pretty good

Newest GFS looks even wetter for the weekendā€¦warm rain but not going to hit any 70F with clouds and rain around. Should get things greening some though.

Noticed a tulip out of the groundā€¦1st one. Rabbit will probably eat it.

2 Likes

Should be spring like weekendā€¦mid/upper 60Fs with some rain chancesā€¦hopefully just overnight satā€¦ Sun a tad cooler around here but still mildā€¦ Monday could be the warmest of the 3 with the gfs hinting at 70Fsā€¦ after thatā€¦its back to much cooler temps. Looks like freeze chances late next weekā€¦but nothing is blooming or even moving here so no worriesā€¦will probably have to cover some of veggies.

Been in the 70s the last few days, was supposed to get some heavy rain this morning, but it wasnā€™t that bad, the ground looks pretty good. So, guess itā€™s good enough for me to get out there and change the water pump on the Jeep today being that itā€™s cloudy and about 60.

Hope we can continue to stay above freezing for a while, but itā€™s almost a given we will get a hard freeze sometime in April.

Mid to upper 50s tomorrow through Monday here. Chance of rain Saturday and Sunday. Thatā€™s okay, itā€™s been dry for quite awhile. A bit of rain will help get rid of the remaining snow and help to start greening things up where the snow is gone.

1 Like

Itā€™s 1pm, the temp is 32F and its beginning to snowā€¦

2 Likes

I think the shorts and tshirts might come out for 1 day finally. Too bad it doesnā€™t last.
I could take about 100 days of 68-72F ā€¦ sunā€¦ light windsā€¦

2 Likes

40ā€™s-50ā€™s more rain! Orchard day tomorrowšŸ˜Š

2 Likes

Canā€™t waitā€¦big ole stinky snowstorm heading for the midwest? Late next week be on the look out. Highly suspect these snowfall totals, but funny to see.

Wunderground calling for 13-20" here next week Weds.-Thurs. NWS only has relatively low chances of rain/snow mix.

I sure hope NWS is right

Thatā€™s me right in the crosshairs!

2 Likes

we donā€™t need that!

You need it more then i do. I donā€™t like snow :smile:

Finally going to be able to leave out the indoor plants overnightā€¦tonite a low of 53F and Sunday a low of 45Fā€¦ should be fine for even the tropicals.

The 6z GFS totally flippedā€¦which is a sign these models are still all over the placeā€¦although looking at the Euroā€¦it also flipped hard northā€¦so who knows.

It has 30 inches of snow just north of Minneapolisā€¦ noā€¦no no noā€¦ the river is just starting to come down.

1 Like

The models are horrible this time of year. Until we get beyond the spring predictability barrier I wouldnā€™t put much stock in them.

1 Like