How is your weather? (Part 1)

eesh…I don’t want it that hot this early. 59 here today and I was sweating while working in a long sleeved t-shirt. Gotta let my blood thin out again before it gets hot. Doesn’t sound like I’ll have to worry about that anytime soon though. Today is the last warmish day in the 10 day forecast.

1 Like

Yeah… stupid warmth too…not any fun when the wind is blowing about 50mph…sand in the eyeballs. I’d rather have cooler and calm conditions.

Just reading the forecast discussion out of Minneapolis… interesting stuff:

The trajectory of this transport is directly across south central, and southeast Minnesota Thursday morning. I wouldn`t be surprised to see snowfall rates increasing to 1-2 inches per hour during this time frame.

EC 850MB winds are very impressive with an easterly component of 70 [kts] across eastern Minnesota Thursday morning. This is roughly 4 to 5 standard deviations above for this time of year. This translates into sustained winds of 30 to 40 mph, with gusts near or over 50 mph across a wide area of southern Minnesota, and into west central Wisconsin.

1 Like

88 today in Southern California.

1 Like

Right now it looks like the Metro may get hit worse than here. St. Cloud’s forecast is for more snow than here as well. Forecast here is for 8-14"+ Weds-Friday

If this happens I’m staying in bed until it melts. . . :tired_face:

2 Likes

The same thing happened a year ago on same dates.

Forecasts now calling for 10-18" or 11-21"…even the low end is way more than I want to deal with. Plowing this crap will totally rip up my gravel driveway

1 Like

and that much you can’t just let it melt. anyone notice in the last 10 yrs. or so the wind has gotten more frequent and stronger. I’ve been blaming it on the logging companies clearcutting all our forests here but it seems its happening all over. mother natures pissed!

1 Like

The wind here is pretty much a constant thing. Calm days are few and far between it seems.

use to be it wasn’t as bad as it is now . spring and fall was usually windy but now it seems to blow even during stable weather. our winters have become very windy making the cold feel even worse. rare we have a calm day nowadays.

Newest 12z gfs run now is almost all rain here and it looks to have brought the low further north. I’m guessing 6 inches of snow is slipping out of range for this area. Probably still see snow, but i doubt much sticks…maybe when the wraparound band moves thru overnight Friday.

Heaviest snows being seen in W MN and E South Dakota.

Denver should be right around 80F today…tomorrow night it should be snowing and 25F.

2 Likes

Yes. NWS just issued a blizzard warning for Denver and the plains starting noon tomorrow. Winter Storm warning for the foothills to the west. Here we go again…

The last snowfall map I saw had the heaviest band of snow south and west of me about 30-50 miles. Looked like that area can expect 18"+

I doubt a lot of these totals but who knows. I guess if the heaviest falls overnight, then more apt to be snow. Lots of moisture.

80F today, 20F tomorrow in Denver. Fortunately both the peaches and apricots are still asleep…they are late this year!

after last nights 6in , 167in.of snow, now the 3rd. snowiest on record. more tonight. if we get 13 more inches this season , we will be 2nd snowiest.

1 Like

Geez… I just talked to Johnny’s seed. They are stuck in snow too … I just bought a Jang seeder there

1 Like

they are 2 zones s. of me. unusual for them but not unheard of. I’ve seen 2ft. in 2 days in mid april. sometimes smaller amounts up until mid may. :wink:

1 Like

Caaaaaarrrrrrraaaazzzzzyyyyyyyy

2 Likes