How is your weather? (Part 1)

:scream::scream::scream:

What IS the best place in the US for growing fruit, weather wise, would you all say? I’m going to guess California, but I’m also going to say that it’s probably too expensive there. Any other great places for fruit growing?

Sorry, guys
 That’s just cray-cray. Was mid 70’s here yesterday and 80s expected tomorrow, and then some rain for the weekend. All this nice weather has me skeptical, as I know what can happen here in April. I even broke out the shorts the last couple days.

1 Like

It really is. The wind is howling right now like crazy and I’m wondering if school is going to be cancelled tomorrow. I was wearing sandals two days ago. :laughing:

You can still wear sandals, just not outside! How much snow are you expecting? I wonder how @Klondike_Mike and @smsmith are doing, they’re supposed to get even more than y’all.

Yuck, snow started a few hours ago and weather is predicting 12"-18" at my place and 18"-30" about 30 miles to the south. I really was hoping we were done with snow for the year but winter just won’t let go. JUST STOP IT ALREADY!!!

1 Like

My forecast is 82
going to have to pack ice in the cooler when going to work today.
First time this year. Kentucky
along I-75.

1 Like

There’s less than 2-3" on the ground here. The wind is nuts, but the precip has almost totally missed us so far. The forecast is still calling for 9-15" today through tomorrow a.m. so who knows. I wonder how foolish school administrators around here are feeling this morning? They called school off for today by mid-day yesterday. Seems kind of crazy to me to do that based on nothing but weather guessers best guesses.

2 Likes

It is the “Day After Tomorrow” out there this morning. Huge bolts of lightning
i saw a power box thing on fire on my drive. Roads were horrible///maybe 3 or 4 inches of sleet type snow. Heavy rain on top of it.

1 Like

I think if we had days to use they would have easily called school here.

Our brilliant politicians passed a resolution absolving all school districts of having to make up snow days.

They added minutes to the school day here
so the kids go longer every day until the end of the year
and then they got rid of early release days.

To me
the roads were the worst they’ve been all winter here. At least locally because they never plowed anything or salted/sanded.

Ya, that’s how it is supposed to work. If that isn’t enough, you add days to the end of the school year until you’ve met the days required by state law. Not in MN though. You just wave the magic wand and make it easy for everyone.

You get into problems when the school year runs into next fall

Lots of school districts here are done by Memorial Day. Worst case scenario was they’d have to go through mid June. Would have been a great lesson for everyone involved. “Life is difficult sometimes, but you just persevere and get through it.”

2 Likes

But then they start again in mid-August

With the younger kids
a large chunk of those go to summer school it would seem. We also have at least 1 school here that is year round. So yeah
schedules are all over the place. This winter was NOT normal.

Raining or something out now
 traffic is just crawling this morning.

Most here start the very end of August or after Labor Day. 170 school days is not that big of a deal. We have these hugely expensive school buildings now that have to be maintained at certain temps and humidities. Why just let them sit empty?

1 Like

Appears to be about 8 inches on the non concrete/pavement surfaces. Had to blow out the driveway. Very pretty however, as the wet snow is really sticking to the trees. Not snowing now, and not sure how much more we’re supposed to get.

2 Likes

Sleet/ice pellets still coming down here along with lots of wind. Roads still garbage. Plow trucks did come out though.they had to.

No way am i shoveling this crap. Y ou’ll die of a heart attack. Its solid enough that you can walk on it.