How is your weather? (Part 1)

Monday is April 15. I feel like that is “the annual date where I comment to anyone within earshot about how it is time to plant corn.” (Field corn. On hundreds of thousands of acres.) In an exceptional year, there is certainly corn that gets planted here by that early date.

Not here, not this year. The soil temps are in the 40’s and we just had an inch of rain and temperatures in the 40’s. The forecast is warmer, but for another 1"+ of rain all mid-week.

1 Like

The GFS continues to show massive amounts of rain this next week. I really really really
hope it is wrong.

We’ve been parked between like 34F and 38F for like 80 hours or more… hopefully we can get a little warmth back in here asap.

1 Like

April showers …

1 Like

Weather alarm just went off. Looks like we are in for a few hours of tornado watches and warnings.

Sun finally came out this morning. Dropped to 32F …

The amount of robins i saw yesterday was amazing. There was a flock of probably 40 or more under some pine trees. They must really dislike this snowcover.

1 Like

I saw numerous flocks of robins under ornamental crabapples yesterday. Those fruit were finally of value

Temps down to 32 here - no rain, all snow

I won’t have to cover the strawberries overnite

1 Like

upper 40’s and sunny. going to get a couple inches of rain. mon/tues. with the 60 we hit yesterday its going to get the rivers moving. just hope it doesn’t flood. not looking good. down to about 2ft. of snow in the yard.

2 Likes

luckily no blossom yet. Hope this is the last snow this spring. My pear tree showed flower around April 20 in the last 3 years.

1 Like

It’s going to get awfully wet later next week…and the kids are off school for spring break so that sucks if they get trapped inside.

Still heavy snowing🙁

1 Like

I didn’t think much of it…but the snow has melted off our van and the van is now filthy covered with dirt…thanks Texas.

Getting ready to storm

2 Likes

You’re welcome…!! We have too much of the stuff. Ship it out at every opportunity.

5 Likes

Hmmm, blowing dust in the Texas panhandle…:grin:

We got that dust up here by Minneapolis, too.

They were lucky in Augusta

We’ll trade…You can have all the snow you want. You haul :wink:

Nice day outside…except the wind. Took the plants back outside and watered.

My inground cauliflower look ok…might not have lost them. We’ll see.

Still lots of rain in forecast…but it’s moving in sooner on Weds now. Hopefully we get some breaks between the downpours. Next weekend should be nice…60Fs…hopefully sun back.

1 Like

Really stormin’ and blowin’ here. The rain is blowing sideways. We’re under a tornado watch until 9, so will have to keep an eye out. Will be a few days before this dries out and I can get out there and mow and plow.

Been alternating doing the taxes and watching the Masters and seeing Tiger win again. Quite a feat considering he had practically disappeared from the golf world for so long. Not a big fan of him, but it was cool to see him get to celebrate with his kids and Mom.

Now back to the taxes. Ugh. Oh well, ‘good’ weather for it.

4 Likes