How is your weather? (Part 1)

Very warm just west of here… 80Fs in W MN and almost 90F in South Dakota.

Pierre, SD was 43F this morning and they are sitting at 89F…

Still going through trees… apricots are toast…hopefully they at least leaf out. Peaches are throwing leaves but no flowers. Everything else looks good. I’m really impressed by Krymsk 1… those trees look super healthy. My Krymsk 86 …its just a rootstock i let grow into a tree…full of flower buds. Kiwis also are greening up quickly…all of this after -33F… pretty good overall.

1 Like

Leaves no flowers sounds like a lot of my trees - tho it’s still early to tell with some

At least the trees are still alive

had a really nasty round of weather blow through on Friday…wind gusts hit 60+ and heavy rain, but it moved through quickly…the good news is that on the back side of it we’ve had some great weather…woke up to 50 degrees this morning, highs in the mid-70’s…headed up to Savannah today for a quick trip. Weather looks nice up there too.

1 Like

It got to 77 here yesterday. Today back to the 50s, which is just fine with me. Down in southern MN, it’s supposed to be almost 80 today.

Four days of rain in a row. This storm track was originally north of us. Buckets of water! No such luck. Buds are about to burst. Hope the rain stops as pollination last year was stopped by rain. Not again please!!!

Yeah…it is very mild this morning. Already in the 60Fs …

First time going into the 80s since October 3rd (today)… only 5th Easter with an 80F temp…so rare. Normal avg first 80F here is April 29th…so a little early.

Looks like rain tomorrow night.

Extended still looks very spring like… should be 60Fs or better all week.

1 Like

Peaches look like this…

While my sweet cherry looks great…

Bella Gold peacotum…in a container…looks to be the first to probably bloom.

3 Likes

Birds are going to love those cherries.

Prediction changed down to 39 Mon, whereby I only put out the early 4th of July tomato. I can cover them overnite at this stage.

wow. no 70’s here but almost hit 60f today. :wink:

1 Like

1 Like

thats aug. here in a hot summer.

1 Like

We were in southern MN for Easter today. 86 down there. Got home 3.5 hours later and it was 51. Heck of a difference. Spring is much farther along down there…I’d guess at least a week if not 10 days or two weeks.

@smsmith I think i got a sunburn today.

3 Likes

Our southern relatives were almost all sporting sunburns today :grinning:

2 Likes

My neighbor’s air conditioner is on today

My wife looks like a lobster…i warned her yesterday. Im just mildly burnt.

Hit 85F today… like summer out there. Actually was hiding in the shade.

75F in the house…still a nice crisp 65F in the basement.

3 Likes

52 in my house right now. May have to turn the heat back on before we go to bed

1 Like

Dropped to 42F briefly this morning as the skies cleared. Beautiful now. Should go back into the 60Fs this afternoon.

Trees have really started to take off. Lots of green showing up

planted tomatoes… probably dumb but i plan on covering them nightly (just a row of them.small plants).

1 Like

I thought about it, but saw it’s only supposed to get to 40 degrees on Saturday. :grimacing: