How is your weather? (Part 1)

Good weather for ducks…and that is about it. 42F fog/mist/drizzle. Clearing across W Mn but doubt that makes it in here. 79F in Oslo, Norway… Looks warmer in Moscow then here the next week…ugh. It’ll flip though…give it time.

Tues/Weds look the wettest. Hopefully dry late week.

Put all my sunflower seedlings inside the low tunnel. We’ll see how they do in there.

Chance of rain every day but one in the 10 day forecast. One high in the low 60s, the rest in the 40s and 50s.

Pretty typical MN spring weather

We’re into our boring season for the next 6 months, or so. Mid 70’s and sun as far as the eye can see. Yawn…:sunny::sunny::sunglasses::sunglasses:

2 Likes

i wish our weather was that boring. :wink: 32f windy as hell! cool and dry in the mid 40’s all week. time to spray the dormant oil and graft.

1 Like

seems like you guys got the rain this spring. we had some but not a lot. most the snow is gone except some banks and in the woods. cooler than average. still in upper 20’s at night so trees/ bushes are slow to leaf out. currants are about to leaf but honey berries are still dormant. looks like ill be eating peppers before i can put them outside. they are full size ripening now under my grow lights. got a doz. blackberries developing on my dwarf blackberry in there also. the oscillating fan was a good pollinator. :wink:

1 Like

I know it sounds crazy, but you actually miss some weather variability being in such a stable climate. I’ve experienced 2 thunderstorms in the 5+ years of living here. Boring! lol
Here’s the basic forecast for the next 6 months. With the exception of some +100° spikes thrown in for good measure.

my sons in yuma, AZ and the weather there is very stable as well. its either hot as hades or tolerable and very dry. he misses our dramatic weather here also. at least stable weather gives you the luxury of growing almost anything .

1 Like

Totally!
Very low insect problems. Or humidity related issues.
Looks like the pattern continues for May at least.

Mid 70s, mostly sunny and windy today, after we got some heavy rain Friday and a bit yesterday. Might get into the upper 80s midweek. Looks like our freezes are done, fingers crossed. If it stays dry this week, I’ll disk the plowed up garden plots.

My wife planted out some tomatoes yesterday, the coolness this morning and the wind might stress them out a bit. We did harden them off last week though, so they should be okay. More are growing more in little pots in the deck along with onions. Have a bunch more 'maters growing inside, need to put a bunch in to cups soon, getting too big for the planter.

1 Like

Going to get a late day high temp. Clouds/drizzle all day and then around 430 the clouds parted and it has been full sunshine the past hour or so…hmmmm… rain back for tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Sun today with a breeze didn’t get above 52 during the day. The ground is so moist after all of the rain and more to come for the next two days. I’m so afraid my pollination will get skunked again. That’s what’s happening in my neck of the woods!

the storms hitting you are hitting s. maine but missing us up north. some years we get wet springs as bad as you.

82 where I was today…wading water…barefoot…and getting paid for it.

1 Like

We had the 2nd earthquake I’ve felt in a month in my area of NC!

Just a 2.3 but it was a quite noticeable thump being right on top of it! Yep, I’m practically in view of the epicenter this time, lol.

Hardy anyone in town felt this one, though. It was really quick. More of a huge thump with vibration than a rumbling. Just a rumb :wink:

Shouldn’t get out of the 40Fs today… Friday/Sat looking better… Sat now has a good shot at 70F or a little above.

2nd week of May…nothing warm up here…cold out in the plains. Southeast stays very warm.

Maybe 2nd half of May will show some summer ///maybe not.

1 Like

Accuweather long range showing nothing above 72 for the month of May, and only a couple days that high. Most highs in the 60s. Pretty much “average”

I believe our 80’s are above average…although it didn’t hit 60 … was it Friday or…I forgot already. 82 yesterday 84 tomorrow.

Normal here…

Lol. A 2.3? Here in Cali we literally don’t notice anything below a 3. Guess they are rarer for you, and you’re more sensitive to it.

1 Like

I am, lol! It’s a weird feeling! And I live on a huge rock that picks up those sensations very well.

1 Like