How is your weather? (Part 1)

It’s all that snow melting…

Just some very light rain here…everything heavy staying far south.

1 Like

That’s crazy! I don’t know why ours is ‘active’. Two earthquakes in a month here is extremely rare.

I’m on the epicenter of one, so hopefully nothing major, lol. I’m sure not, of course, but I just never expected to be living on any earthquake epicenter! It’s NC! :slight_smile:

My sister was out there (S california) in the late 80’s thru the mid 90s…i think she lived thru a few decent quakes. Whatever one it was i remember they all ran out of the house because stuff was falling. When we were out there visiting her i remember there was a 4.5 or something and i never noticed anything. Don’t the birds get quiet before big quakes? I thought i remember her saying something like that. Who knows.

Friday thru Tues looks like a nice stretch for us. Still haven’t had any strawberries bloom. I hacked back a bunch of dead branches on my big apricot (puget gold) but it is still alive and i see a lot of new buds wanting to emerge from the bigger branches but they need winter jackets in this chill.

1 Like

we have them here in Maine also but like you, they are rare. when i was a kid we had a 4 on a winter sunday morning. i remember stuff falling out of the cupboards and the top of the snow " jumping"!

1 Like
1 Like

Downtown Davenport flooded this afternoon when that levee collapsed about 2:30.

1 Like

Horrible!!!

1 Like

My rain gauge only goes to 5"

1 Like

Rain. And cold. Cold. And rain. On a “good” side - no need to thin peaches or plums. Zero pollinators… Flowers look like they are refrigerated…

1 Like

Same weather but warmer here. We’re supposed to have rain tonight. Today was totally overcast and limp. We had sun for about five minutes today. But there was no rain, and insects were flying around my orchard. Odd looking flies, and large bumbles. Haven’t seen a Mason bee yet.

Same here…almost 3 days straight of 40Fs…clouds now for days…still thick rain looking clouds this morning. The forecast calls for 60F today though…so a slow change at least in temps.

Was looking at April …temps were almost exactly normal…precip came in a little below normal…for my area.

Sweet cherry is blooming now.

86 yesterday…currently 84…before noon today. Near records I think.

But, it’s been good for the grafts…2 or 3 more that appeared not to take grew leaves like magic over night.

2 Likes

Mid 80s here yesterday, very windy too. It got to 82 in the house, so I gave in and turned on the AC, just enough to bring it down a bit.

Figured I’d better take advantage of the somewhat dry ground and disk the garden plots, that took about an hour, but they look nice and workable now, hope to get corn and beans planted next week. Also got the front yard mowed as I figured I won’t have a chance after the rains start again tomorrow.

We had a couple showers overnight. Seems like we’re in a pattern of dry, warm and windy weather early in the week, and then an inch of rain over the weekend. Would be nice for it to dry out for more than a week, but that’s prob not going to happen here. I sprayed my trees with Surround Tue night, so will prob have to reapply after the weekend rains.

Yeah…it’s winter up here and summer down there…basically southeast US.///Texas was very hot too…

The sun has made an appearance here…

Just looking ahead…i see no 80F temps (actually very few 70Fs) in the next 10 days for this area… next week has more cold high pressure mid week…

upper 40’s to low 50’s here and sunny for the next week. about 10 deg. below average for this time of year. april was the 3rd wettest on record. glad to see everything drying out before my other plants arrive next week.

If it can stay 60F or above i’m good…my broccoli and lettuce look to be growing nicely now. I should hit them with ferts. I also saw my first strawberry flower.

2 Likes

High today here 44