How is your weather? (Part 1)

Managed 70F this afternoon even with some dark clouds earlier in the day. Beautiful evening. Very calm and skies have cleared…should easily drop back in the 40Fs…

Warm up should start Weds…with dews increasing late week. GFS has dew points in the upper 60Fs both Thurs and Sat…should feel summery. Cooler next week.

Spring has sprung.

4 Likes

70 today and about that tomorrow. Then back to highs in the 40s, 50s, and 60s for the 10 day

73F here this afternoon…very nice. This coming weekend looks very wet and maybe not so warm… Weds/Thurs both look near 80F…

45f and raining . got a few inches of snow overnight but the rain melted it. we are running 15 deg below average this spring. not even thinking of planting veggies yet. might be july before i can put out my peppers!

We have had some beautiful, warm weather but we are headed for cool and rainy over the weekend.

The rain is coming this weekend for us…looking a given at this point. GFS shows a good amount. May make a run at 80F today and for sure tomorrow (mid 80Fs?) …then back into the 60fs …

I planted out a bunch of sunflowers i had grown out from seed. They were all root bound in the 1 gallon pots.

Got rid of 2 more potted trees (white peach and one other…both were dead)…not replacing–maybe borers got them or just didn’t like winter. Trying to thin container trees.

I also might have a dead spruce that i planted about 6 years ago…weird because it was my best growing spruce (i have 6) …all the other ones all have new green growth…this one has none :frowning:

Yikes!

[gloom] more rain

Rain stopped. Now we’re down to sprinkles. Ditto on the gloom!

Got a little over .1" in a fast moving t-storm last night. Sounds like we’ll get plenty more over the weekend. No 70’s in the 10 day forecast, but plenty of 40s and 50s. That should keep the fruit trees at the slowest growth I think I’ve ever seen. If my Court Pendu Plat blooms this year, it will almost certainly be in June.

3 Likes

That is here right now…been lightning and pouring the last hour… Hopefully it lets up here or there are going to be some wet soggy kids :slight_smile:

1 Like

same here. everything is stuck at bud break for 2 weeks now.

Has been chilly here the last couple of mornings, 41 yesterday, and 46 this morning. But, 80s are coming in a day or so. Supposed to rain overnight, hope it doesn’t so I can get some things planted tomorrow.

Looking cool and wet for my area. I’ll take it, I hate having to turn on the AC. Climate Prediction Center - Seasonal Outlook

1 Like

Had just over an inch of rain earlier…sun came out and its now nearing 80F with dews in the 60Fs…feeling quite summerish out there. Shouldn’t last long. Cold should move thru today…

Kind of depressing, I guess you can’t control the weather. May have to turn the heat back on this weekend.

almost exactly the same as our forecast. hell of a spring after a very long winter. :frowning:

2 Likes

84F here late this afternoon…had to have AC on in car. Good that its is cooling off because the house was really warm. There is an American toad by my little backyard pond that has been calling out all evening.

Little warm…but it really should have kicked started the plants growth.

Can see the heat really built into the north today before the cold front moved thru…95F in Omaha…yikes

1 Like

Cold n rainy all week,after a week at 80.

Omaha broke an all time record high of 95 degrees yesterday 5-16-19. It may be an early sign for a hot summer!