How is your weather? (Part 1)

My wife was in St. Paul yesterday and said it was in the mid 80s. It didn’t break 65 here. Sunny and mid 60s in May is quite pleasant. Sunny and mid 80s in May is really hot (for here anyway)

1 Like

All the rain has certainly got the plants growing - it’s GREEN out there!

OF course, “plants” includes weeds

2 Likes

In central MA, have not had any day with temp as high as 70 F yet. Colder and rainier spring than we are used to.

In fact, yesterday Boston almost broke the record of the lowest high temp of the day. It was 48 F for the high and the record was 47 F.

2 Likes

I’m happy with Kentucky weather so far, including the nice shower last night…with a bit of thunder.

1 Like

A very bizarre, and wintery like pattern has kicked in here on the West Coast. Upper 60’s and RAIN!!!

1 Like

Looks like we are in for a cloudy and rainy week here. How rainy seems to be undecided at this point.

A neighbor sent this link, which although a bit sensational is indicating that we may be in for a wild weather ride this coming week. Who know if it will come to pass, but first indications (at least for my locale) seem to be in line with what he’s predicting.

1 Like

When you have 24/7 channels with nothing to talk about but the weather…they think up lots of “exciting” stuff and pretend it’s newsworthy. Really, a weather channel should be a weather channel, not anything more. (Not a ‘the earth is melting’ channel. Not, a hope they find something on the President so they can run him from office channel. Not a channel that takes the multi-colored refraction of light following a rain and applies it to people. You get my drift.)

1 Like

I do worry that last year’s 180% of normal rainfall will turn into 50% of normal this year though.

Looking at about 1.5 to 2 inches of rain over the weekend…

Extended looks pretty mid to late May to me … looks warmish in the long range but it is nearing June so 80F aren’t that crazy. Just hope to hold off on needing AC as long as possible.

This is what the NAEFS thinks of the lasts week of May… Looks like we keep the trough out west and the ridge (hot hot hot) in the east.

1 Like

Down around the Quad Cities, they’ve been drenched, and more still moving thru

Damn, thats hot this early, even for you guys!

we’ve had 1 and 1 60f. in the low 50’s today with more rain for the next 4 days. my brother in CT says he’s moving to florida! he hates the cold!im afraid to put out any veggies outside as they’ll rot in the ground.

More rain today and it was predicted to be sunny most of the day. Rain, and more rain!!

Haven’t seen this for a long time…

1 Like

Got an inch of rain overnight and another inch or so in the forecast for today through tomorrow. Good timing for my newly planted grafts as well as the evergreens I planted earlier this year.

3 Likes

i just put out some cascade gold raspberries and arctic raspberries that are leafed out. they should have plenty of time to harden off and put down new roots before we get sun and warmer weather here. everything greening up but growing very slowly. once we hit 70’s its going to take off!

1 Like

So… Much… Rain…