How is your weather? (Part 1)

Just a tenth of an inch earlier…been dry but the wind has been howling out of the east (brrr) and its sitting at 56F… Calling for 70F today…

They can call for 80, but that doesn’t make it come

It didn’t come close. 61F or 62F maybe was the best we did…it was dry most of the day so that is good but the tstorms are almost here…

Snow is a chance in parts of N Minnesota/WI… mid may? hmmm…
The main area of concern for
snow will be the Twin Ports area, south along the I35 Corridor,
eastern Aitkin County into far northwest Wisconsin. We have snow
accumulation of a slushy few tenths of an inch to nearly 2 inches.

Quite a roller coaster this week

1 Like

1.5 inches of rain…still coming down lightly… pressure is on the rise so the low is moving away from us …

snow fog reported right now in Duluth, mn…35F.

The desert southwest also stays very chilly:
Phoenix is forecast to reach a high of just 75 on Monday compared to the normal high of 96 degrees. As a comparison, the record cool high for Monday is just 72.

We also are running a good 20° below normal. Also getting exceptionally rare rain for this late in the month. Bizarre.

This doesn’t seem normal.

Up to 6" of snow fell in parts of MN and WI Saturday night into Sunday.

snowfall totals:

5.9" Poplar WI, 5.8" Wentworth WI, 5" Brunett WI and Blueberry WI, 4.5" Foxburo WI, 4" Ouly WI. Duluth officially recorded 2.4" of snow, bringing the monthly total to 13.3" and the season total to 106.8", which is 20.7" above average. The 2.4" was not only a daily record for Duluth but was 12 times the perious record high snowfall for the date.

42F here this morning…sun is out and the wind is blowing hard out of the NW…more rain (!) tomorrow…Should be in the 80Fs late week…the roller coaster continues.

2 Likes

Record not-normal

It’s turning into a not-growing season

1 Like

Ended up with 1.6" of rain and a bit of frost this morning. Looks like we bottomed out right at 32, shouldn’t have impacted my fruit trees much if at all.

1 Like

We got 0.5 before midnight last night per the measurer at MSU extension in ludington. We got more rain last night but that won’t be posted until tomorrow as far as the amount.

I have red haven peach in full bloom, a harrow delight pear (first pear to ever bloom) about 50% bloom, gala with petals opening up and chestnut crab at about 50% bloom. Supposed to have a random frost tonight as it’s a high of 55 today and bottoming out around 32 tonight before back in the high 60s for the foreseeable future. Not to worried I think I’ll have a good fruit set again this year for whats blooming.

I was really hoping my flemish beauty pear on OHxF87 would bloom this year. I planted it in 2015 and it’s about 12 feet tall now and some good laterals but no flowers as it’s fully awake now. Foooie!

1 Like

56F//// east wind blowing 20 to 30 and heavy cloud cover. Not awful, but not exactly thong weather.

Should be a tick up in the temps starting tomorrow… Weds-Sun showing 70F to 80F everyday…with a few rain chances… Averages are really creeping up this time of year so 70F is about norm.

1 Like

Just won’t stop raining

one good thing about it here is i put in 3 trees and 10 bushes last week. i don’t have to water them and as long as its raining theres no chance of a late frost. supposed to clear out finally tom.

2 Likes

At least it’s not snowing :snowman:

Rain is a lot heavier now. Took forever to get in here. Ugh… yucky weather.

Best time to plant trees is in the rain. I moved a row of arbs that had been planted a year or 2 (bad spot) in a heavy rainstorm…all of them lived and thrived in their new location for years until i removed them because they got huge.

2 Likes

Wind advisory here. Steady wind at 25-30 with gusts around 40-45. Rain coming tonight and tomorrow they say.

SUN, SUN, SUN!!! Finally and for a whole week! :sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sunflower::sunflower::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower:

2 Likes

Expecting low 30’s here tonight.

same here tom. night. going to have to cover a few plants and move some others i was trying to harden off, into the greenhouse !