How is your weather? (Part 1)

Here ya go…Some heat for y’all…I might have to start watering just in case…It wouldn’t be so bad if it would rain a time or two a week…Went from comfortable to hot as hell like overnight…

I’m ready for some rain, already…a trace to a quarter in two weeks. None in the 10-day forecast to speak of. Going to have to water.

Its been pouring here for hours. We need a drought. It has been so wet the past few years it seems. Very odd weather pattern. I’ll have to dig a little and see when our last really dry year was.

2 Likes

Late summer was very dry here last year in western Wisconsin.

1 Like

It was a dry summer here last year as well, but last fall we more than got caught up.

.6" overnight and it’s still raining. They say maybe another .5" today.

There is more standing water here than I have ever seen, but I’ve only been here since '12. Half of our garden plot has standing water. At least there’s nothing planted there yet. I don’t want a drought, but a week - ten days of 70s and sun would be welcome. Too bad our 10 day forecast shows 0 days with a high of 70 or more.

1 Like

We got down to 34 last night. Forecast is looking better at night now.

After cold rainy, windy day yesterday, I was in winter coat, we finally have 80 degree day today. 30 degrees difference in one day! I hope the temperature stays so I can have my winter coat washed and put away

1 Like

frost warnings for tonite!

My garden is planted, but nothing is doing well there this year. Standing water between the rows, soil washed away, leaves yellowing, plants stunted …

Strawberries will be ripening, and I fear rot

We don’t bother to plant anything here until Memorial Day weekend. Even then can be too early sometimes. I drove past a number of Amish farms yesterday and they all had tomatoes planted with plastic jugs covering them. None of the plants appeared any higher than 6-8". Just not worth planting warm weather crops in central MN much before the end of May.

1 Like

Not here. August was horrid. Parts of I90 were closed due to flooding and you couldn’t get thru traveling down towards Madison. Then fall was pretty much non stop clouds. Dec/Jan were dry though and Jan started very warm and then all hell broke loose and here we are. I’m talking 1988 drought…or 95? …something that melts the lawns…wing dams start ripping off lower units…that type of dryness.

Precip is very hit or miss though…its more looking at the long term trend. Even in Wisconsin…it can be bone dry in one area and flooding in another. Just depends a lot on storm track.

Avg precip is 33.06 inches a year… So 2012 was the last dry year…and 2003 was probably the last “drought” type year…
yearlyprecip

Last year May was warm (for here) and you could go early but this year…nope. Unless you have a greenhouse or something. I think farmers are waaaay behind this year. Lots of soybeans going to get planted. They’ll have to mud everything in.

Farmers here are indeed way behind. Many will not be able to get corn or beans planted in time to be insured. I imagine there will be many acres of ground not planted to cash crops this year.

Perhaps just as well not planted, if China isn’t buying any!

Up to 76F with very strong south winds all day. Dews in the 50Fs making it feel a tad summery.

It’s hot and expected to be hotter this weekend, worst part is no chance for rain until the end of the month…looks like I’ll be doing some supplemental watering…

1 Like

its temps like that that make me appreciate living in the north. when is cold you can put clothes on but when its hot/ muggy theres no escaping it! i icefish comfortably at -20f but when it gets over 70f I’m under the a/c! temps like that even the a/c can’t keep up! you have great winters tho and someday i would love to snowbird to the south in some of the winters just to be able to grow stuff down there.

2 Likes

Almost 2" in the gauge now. With the 1.6" we got a few days ago…it’s wet. Really wet. More rain on Friday they say. I wish I could save some of this for July/August

2 Likes

Sorry bro, for most people it’s never thong weather!!

3 Likes