How is your weather? (Part 1)

I am south of I-44 and the worst storms stayed on the north side of it. It was a pretty sleepless night though. Those big tornadoes kind of give me the creeps.

1 Like

Good to hear from you guys in MO made it alright, I’m sure it was a pretty scary few days and nights. I grew up in OK, and this time of the year is always one where you have to pay attention to the weather.

Like I mentioned yesterday, it’s been very warm and dry here for the last couple weeks. We have high pressure over the top of us, which pretty much squelches any significant storm development other than a few afternoon pop-up storms. Since the flow is clockwise around it, that’s probably why the midwest is getting all the rain and storms day after day.

1 Like

Here comes another line of storms. They all seem to form between the TX panhandle and the Kansas/Misssouri border

Yeah it got real windy and now there are stormy looking clouds all around. We need the rain though…

It would appear my hardy kiwi vines are going to flower for the first time. Weird after how cold of a winter. The bad thing is that only one vine and i think they need cross pollination…oh well.

I will send the rain on to you

Severe storm box just lit up south of here…heading right this way. Can see the clouds building. It is very summery out there… dews into the 60Fs…tempsi n 70Fs…

Planted sugarcane…its not that big but we’ll see what it does over the summer. Sunflowers are over a foot tall but i started them a long time ago. Plums/pluots and cherries all need to be sprayed this weekend.

1 Like

We had Tornado warnings last night and were hit with a storm line that took down a tree that severed the power line. We had a chance to inspect our woodlots today and found several spots where groups of trees were wiped out including some big old White Pines. Approx 1/3 mile down the road the line was severed as well. We finally got power back tonight, approx 24 hours later (we do have a generator for the house so we can run the important stuff). I got 1/2 of my new apples planted out in the nursery bed yesterday before the storm, but all is well down there.

1 Like

South of I-64, and certainly south of Hal Rogers Parkway…zilch, nada, no rain in nearly two weeks…except for a stray shower. Current temp at 10 p.m. near 80. In KY.

1 Like

They are calling it the “death ridge” now on some news sites. Looks to stay put for some time.

Toad is out by the pond again calling for his girlfriend this evening.

Also ordered some fragrant tea olive plants off Ebay… came today from South Carolina. Nice looking plants. Going to set them outside for the summer and overwinter them indoors. I’ve read they smell good while blooming…

All the way up to 60 today :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Looks like we get a nice late spring/early summer weekend. 80F today and 75F tomorrow. Should be just cool enough to escape any AC usage.

Rain Sun nite thru Weds… Cooler late week.

As long as it’s parked there, we’ll continue to get the rain to the west of it

supposed to get our 2nd 70f today. back to rain and 50,s next week.

1 Like

Amazing what a few hours will do to the weather. Sounds like summer down there.

Hey…at least you shouldn’t need heat or AC? I like waiting as long as i can to turn mine on (AC) because then i get addicted to it and leave it running 24/7. I love sleeping in the cold.

79f/52F… dew points have come down which is nice. It was a little greasy overnight.

1 Like

The heat will creep northward… Duluth is at 65F and INternational Falls is at 54F…little chilly for fishing up that way. I’d like to be Canada fishing walleyes in a few weeks…but that ain’t happening :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Today’s storms brewing in the TX panhandle

The weather is so crazy! The poor folks west of me are getting flooded, and we are incredibly hot and dry here on the KY/TN border. High today is 90 degrees- 10 degrees above average says local weatherman. But the drought is what is most unusual. We’re usually still getting a lot of rain right now, but it has rained in a meaningful amount for about 3 weeks and isn’t supposed to for a solid week- and even then its just forecast for one day so it it misses us it will be another week. A lot of my trees are struggling and I have no realistic way to water them them. This is one problem (trees in trouble due to water shortage) that I’ve never had to deal with. Oh well…its always something!

We’re doing ok in SW Missouri. After experiencing Joplin 2011 I have a very healthy respect for tornados. Hope everyone is making it through.

2 Likes