How is your weather? (Part 1)

These pics don’t show the scale or size of the trees taken down, but this minimal damage we’re seeing makes us respect the damage sustained in a tornado. Sometimes living in the Northeast isn’t so bad! Lots of firewood here, but we’ve already got about 3 years worth! We’re appreciating the decision we made 2 years ago to remove the multiple Beach trees around the cabin as they were diseased (Beach Bark Disease) the cabin fared well.

5 Likes

Sunny, breezy today in the high 60’s, rain tonight then 80’s tomorrow. Yayyyyyy! Orchard and garden time!!!

hit 75f today and even a little muggy out. more showers tom.

1 Like

inoculate some of those hardwoods with mushroom spawn. by next summer you’ll have all the fresh mushrooms you want and for many years.

2 Likes

Made it to 59, when the sun was out (for a few seconds) it felt nice. Weather guessers are still saying 70 for tomorrow. I"ll believe it when I see it

1 Like

"
All the way ‘down’ to 83 currently!.

2 Likes

High of 98 today. Hot even for us… Especially in May…

We had a shower here this morning (Sat), very brief, also had one yesterday. But, we prob haven’t had more than a half inch of rain in two weeks.

Have a weather channel on, and seeing more storm/flood warnings for the folks back in OK, so sad. The Arkansas River below Tulsa is doing some major flooding already, so they sure don’t need it.

I was out this afternoon power washing the siding on the house, the water kept me a bit cooler, but it was still hot, about 91. Supposed to get a good rain Monday evening, but back up to 93 on Tuesday! My wife demanded we turn the AC down a bit today, I like to keep it around 80, but she was hot, so I relented, set it to 77.

I checked the gardens, the corn is coming up now, more cukes have sprouted as well. Striped half-runners are taking their time coming up, just seen one sprout. The Rattlesnake beans have been a bit more quicker germinating. Going to try to get all the tomatoes planted out Monday.

WET! Miserably wet. I saw slugs.

Dropped down to 52F… Time to mow before it rains for 3 days straight. Rain chance tomorrow 100%/70% Tues and 60% Weds…and more rain Fri/Sat… Nice… I’ll be mowing again next weekend.

Very chilly 58°F high and rain for us here today. Part of what will cause tornadic issues later this week for those in the middle of the country. When this freezing cold air aloft hits that hot gulf air, look out!

1 Like

Too wet earth to plant anything, but I got everything planted. Smile

It will be no rain today. So I will take flowers to my mom and grandparents graves.

1 Like

Glad WA has no tornados.

2 Likes

At least it’s not 95% humidity. I hope we get in our summer rain pattern soon…

Finally…sunny and 70 for a high. Wish we could get two weeks straight just like this

2 Likes

70’s in Newport sunny and beautiful!

1 Like

It’s like 70-73 here, I don’t know about outside it looks hot out there.

Our outside temps are well above the norm for this time of the year. Already 90 plus.

1 Like

Car showed 77F earlier…beautiful day…probably could have used a little more wind because it was hot hot hot in the sun. Got a little burnt.

NWS says 2-4 inches of rain Mon-Weds… Sh ould already be in here tomorrow morning.