How is your weather? (Part 1)

Thanks for worrying about me. I am okay and no damage, not even a power outage- usually that ALWAYS happens. It went just North of me and also East of me. It was a really bad tornado. They had to get out the snow plows to get the debris off of I-75 so they could move traffic. One death, a tree fell on an older man sleeping in his bed. Lots of houses destroyed sort of NE from where it was traveling, in Celina, OH.
Again, TY for the inquiry.

4 Likes

Good to hear. I didnā€™t hear about it until today, looks like it hit Dayton about 11 last night, and there was another tornado NW of there also. Weather Channel is in Celina now, said it was an F3.

That same storm system kind of followed the Ohio River SE all the way into WV, but had dissipated by then (3am). Not too far from us, but here it was just a muggy night, no rain at all.

Looks like PA is getting pounded by storms now, and they just issued more tornado watches for OK, KS, and MO again. Oh boy. Look out @clarkinks, @olpea, @Borer_the_explorer, @39thparallel this evening.

2 Likes

79 degrees in Forth Smith, Northwest Territories and 45 degrees in Portland, Maine right now.

1 Like

wow! frenchville is warmer than portland!

We had lots of hail in Lancaster, PA today. My trees and veggies look a little bruised. I came home from swimming to find leaves and tender growth all over the ground. Hopefully they donā€™t get disease from this damage. Luckily my new potted grafts were stowed away in my sheltered patio.

oi vey

Well, didnā€™t think itā€™d be that bad, but wow. Looks like the west KC metro area got hit pretty hard. How did yā€™all fare tonight? Also wondering about @TurkeyCreekTrees.

I have been wondering the same.

Thatā€™s wild stuff, there were actually some tornado warnings not too far from you in NJ. Was it bad in the city?

Stuck in 60Fs again today with rain. Forecast keeps changing. Who knows.

Tomatoes should be ready to go by late October.

1 Like

Storm reports for yesterdayā€¦

For the 27thā€¦

1 Like

my peppers are ripening in my grow room!

84 million people under Enhanced Risk for Severe Weather TODAY including New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, St. Louis, and Dallas!

I need to water my grafted containerized fruitā€¦hoping the rain drifts this far south.

10 day forecast here looks great. Many sunny days with temps in the 70s. Pretty much ideal for my tastes

5 Likes

Says 70-79 here this week.

Pretty potent cold front moves thru here Fri (Fri should be well into the 80s) into Satā€¦ Sunday morning showing low 40Fsā€¦ overall it does look drierā€¦ My lettuce and broc look really good.

I need a grow room.

3 Likes

Iā€™m harvesting lettuce, but my broc and choi bolted

1 Like

A LOT of damage to houses in an older neighborhood that people have been there for many years. I am sure it will take a long time to get their lists of things they had plus the time to take to repair or replace their homes. I saw photos and they had a drone going over an area I am very familiar with and it was horrible to see the damage.

Pouring rain!