How is your weather? (Part 1)

Pouring rain and tornado warning here. Lost power!!
Probably got about an inch of rain in half an hour.

The rabbit…out of all the weeds/greens available…munched my broccoli the day after i removed the fencing…so that went back up.

Dry afternoon with lots of sunshine…made it up to 75F. Even warmer north of here…i see Duluth, MN is at 79F.

Looking at the Goes sat loop…lots of smoke coming down from Canada into MN/ND/SD/Wy/MT from a big fire in Alberta, Canada.

1 Like

Bunch of tornado warnings north of Des Moines… looks like a swarm of them.

There was a tornado warning here. We spent the kids’ bedtimes in the basement. For a moment there the rotation was headed directly at us after spawning a tornado about 35 miles away. It clearly dissipated well before it got to us though.

1.25" rain over that last 24hrs, another .5" predicted for tomorrow

My shade plants are really loving it

4 Likes

Very beautifull hostas! I love them, congratulations!

1 Like

Overcast and spitty!

Looks like the hot and dry cycle has been broken here. Had a couple showers yesterday, and just had a brief dousing an hour ago. Temps are about 70, and aren’t supposed to get above 80 for the next week.

2 Likes

You’re doing good but the Lake Cumberland area hasn’t had much precip. yet. Berea, Richmond, Winchester have done OK with a couple inches.

I saw on today’s drought map that a good swath of TN was in D0

1 Like

Good shot of rain Fri into Sat …although doesn’t look like it will add up to much. Cold front should move through then and drop these temps some. Sitting at 78F. Tomorrow should be even warmer before the front pushes thru.

Severe weather should also come to and end after that cold high pressure dumps down into the Ohio valley early next week. Should be some beautiful weather starting Sunday…

82 today, 85 forecast for tomorrow. My fat, old northern body isn’t used to that kind of warmth.

Have you noticed the smoke up there? I can see it right now…earlier the sky was a nice blue but now its almost hazy… I guess there is over 100,000 acres burning up in Canada…its been burning for a few weeks.

89F here tomorrow. I’d turn the ac on but i think we can escape using it with the rain/colder air coming down.

It’s actually really thick on the sat imagery…

There is a low in S Iowa spinning//pulling that smoke down.

1 Like

Yup, it’s been hazy here for a couple days. Today was pretty bad. Air quality warnings in NoDak I heard

70’s and a bit more heat, then overcast , now rain, rain rain. Damp spring. Great for the raised bed veg. Gardens but not for the trees. Buying a new sprayer just for Surround and Indar. This rain is bad again as it was last year!

Some plants are loving it, some are rotting away

2 Likes

Judging by my somewhat leaky rain gauge, it looks like we got about 0.9" today. Temps didn’t get above 70, prob because it was so cloudy.

For some odd reason the power went out about 4 this afternoon, and stayed off for a bit over 3 hours. Don’t know why, it wasn’t really stormy or windy today. My guess was a tree tumped over on a line.

I saw the drought map @ltilton was talking about and surprised south KY is in a minor drought. Not here, though!

It was dry enough that a match could have set the front yard on fire in London on Wednesday…that was before showers the past 2 days…so maybe it’s not permanent.
Berea is in better shape, rain wise.

But, it would seem Tennessee, Georgia and probably the whole SouthEast may be in for a dryer than normal spell. (Unless or until tropical systems come along…hurricanes I mean.)

There is more rain in the forecast last half next week, though. Not that you can make plans based on prognostications a week out!

3.25" of rain in the last 72hrs, my lawn looks spectacular :money_mouth_face:, finally a nice day today 80/60

1 Like

Finally, the rain had stopped. Sunny weather in the low 80s for a while. That mean the weeds will grow a foot in a day!

1 Like