How is your weather? (Part 1)

Moose, aren’ t no seeums black flies? I just remember getting bitten in my garden, behind my ear and the whole right side of my face swelled. Horrible things! Do you use a spray?

no see ums are the ones that come out early and late and can go through screens. they’re so tiny you can barely see them. but you know when they’re biting you. your arms and legs feel like they’re on fire! black flies are the 1st ones that come out in spring and there are clouds of them when they’re out heavy! bens 100 used to be the best but deet is now considered too strong now to use 100%. deep woods off works pretty good but when they’re real bad, they go up your nose , in your ears and mouth! i just stay indoors when they’re real bad. there was some out tonight but barely any. once it his 70f with higher humidity, watch out! the black fly is the Maine state bird! :wink:

2 Likes

I took a 10 mile bike ride last night again. Hot but not so humid. Bugs were bad in spot. I ate a few. Just swarms of them in spots. Probably fungus gnats? i think that is what they are called around here. Mosquitoes don’t seem to bother me much.i must stink to them (and maybe in general!). My wife is the opposite and gets huge welts all over.

Hot again…going for 86F. Same tomorrow. Next week should be much cooler and maybe even nicer. Good pool weather.

My pond is full of tadpoles. We think they are American toad tadpoles (black color). I guess they eat algae so hopefully they clean up the pond. There are going to be a million toads hopping around in a month.

1 Like

And singing next year!

Tallahassee NWS just issued a flash flood watch for our parts; more rain is coming

Flood Watch
National Weather Service Tallahassee FL
231 PM EDT Fri Jun 7 2019

…FLASH FLOOD THREAT INCREASING ACROSS THE FLORIDA PANHANDLE
THROUGH THE WEEKEND…

.Multiple rounds of slow moving heavy rain will impact primarily
north Florida through the weekend. Two day rain totals are
expected to be around 6-8 inches with isolated locations possibly
receiving up to 15 inches. While widespread flooding is not
expected as soils should absorb much of the rain, more urbanized
locations and areas where training occurs will be susceptible to
flash flooding due to the expected high rain rates.

Warm but overcast.

I’ll leave the doors open so they can come in the house.

88F…little warm out…little more wind too…the last couple have days have had very light winds.

1 Like

Living in the banana belt of Maine, we never had swarms of anything but mosquitoes (that was our town mascot!). Ah. . . Let’s live by the ocean. . . . Just wait!

unless you went out on the salt flats! :wink:

Lots of upper 90Fs in N Minnesota/ND this afternoon…one station along the Canada border up there showed 99F… “only” hit 90f here… Warm day…luckily humidity was low so it was doable. Could be worse…McAllen, TX had a dewpoint of 79F with temp in the upper 90Fs… HI of 116F…

don’t want any 90’s here! we’ve only cracked 70f 3xs times so far. the humidity at that temp would be brutal!

1 Like

Looks like more storms

1 Like

Hot and dry at 88 degrees. may get some storms on Sunday.

87F and more sunshine…what a stretch. Pretty good east wind blowing so a front is nearing. Thurs morning could see temps right around 40F… Going to feel nice. Free AC!

1 Like

65f and sunny. dry until tues. very nice comfortable weather. my currants,arctic raspberries, romeo cherry , pineberry , alpine, evie 2 and mara des bois strawberries are all blooming.

One word: HOT

when is Texas not hot!

A third day with temps pushing 90. Big front pushing through tonight the weather guessers say. I can feel the humidity going down already. Highs in the 60s and 70s in the ten day forecast

1 Like

77F warm and humid here and 65F in Minneaplis with strong NW winds…that is slowly moving this way. Looking forward to the cooler air.

Went from mid summer to late October today. Actually had the AC on most of the day and now we had to close up the windows because we were all getting too cold. Should be nice the next 2 days with mid/high 70Fs… late week still looks cool and rainy.

2 Likes