How is your weather? (Part 1)

We didn’t turn the A/C on the last three days, but I was tempted. Just too cheap I guess.

Today it didn’t break 65. Hoodie weather, it was great.

2 Likes

Chilly out today. Hopefully warm up some this afternoon after this rain moves out. It rained all night. Right around an inch of liquid has fallen. More then i thought we would get. Looks dry and cool until this weekend. Tonite should see temps drop to the low 40Fs…wonder if this is the last time we see low 40Fs for a few months… Long range has summer heat coming back late month.

Thunder and 62 degrees…S. Central Kentucky.

Feels like fall this evening. 63F and a chilly north wind. Should head down into the low/mid 40Fs…w.ouldn’t doubt we see some rural areas drop into the 30Fs.

Lots of rain. Ended up closer to 1.5 inches. Just would not stop. Models were a failure on amounts…nothing sh owed this much. i’ll be mowing again shortly.

Was out hoeing the garden plots this afternoon, got two done, was trying to till the third one, but the rain put the kibosh on that. Been raining pretty hard off and on since about 5pm, and one last wave coming through now.

Supposed to be nice Fri and Sat, but next week will be rainy as well, so so much for warm and dry, back to the usual summer monsoon season, shocking. Hope my taters and 'maters don’t drown. The last two years, we lost our potatoes to rot because of so much rain, would be shocked if we got a crop this year. We haven’t harvested hardly any of them since '14. So, call me pessimistic.

My 2019 grafted apple trees, seedling tomatoes, hellebores all look great in containers.
And lots of pawpaws planted in 1 gallon pots, none up yet.

A few cuttings of various plants have been stuck. Been too busy with work to play with
my own plants all that much.

Cedar apple rust worst I’ve seen in my little orchard. But, some trees are resistant. Hasn’t affected my 2019 grafts that are at a different location.

Over 140 trees in pots…and several older trees in ground…have not seen the first limb with fireblight this year. Have sprayed nothing…except weed killer on the ground.

1 Like

I’ve heard of people growing potatoes in a barrel. Maybe you could try that and throw a tarp over it in heavy rain.

1 Like

NWS just shifted to the new version of GFS, I wonder if that has anything to do with it. One of our more Twitter-happy local meteorologists posted something about it saying goodbye to accurate forecasts or something like that.

I saw that on the news. I didn’t know anything about it. I see the one website i go to (for model runs) said it was going into effect yesterday ( GFS FV3)… we’ll see how it goes. The new run has no precip this weekend…so that is nice.

Today was almost perfect. Low dews…temp around 72F… cool this morning. Not sure i saw a cloud in the sky today.

2 Likes

For us they have T-storms both days this weekend - which I will admit we need by now

1/3" yesterday and there’s no sign of moisture remaining in the soil

An inch of rain today!!

We had 23 days of some sort of rain out of the 31 days in May.

1 Like

There was a 0% chance of rain last night at 10 when I went to bed. Around 11 it started to sprinkle and we ended up getting about .15" of rain. My upland foodplots were dry, so the rain was welcome.

Raining today and tomorrow.

Warm most of the day…summer like…and now the temp has fallen from 80F to 60F and it’s chilly again. Rain too…nearing an inch.

2 Likes

It’s starting out a cool spring

2 Likes

In Kentucky we’ve approached record highs this spring, and we’ve approached record lows in June. Mildest winter in over a dozen here.

1 Like

Weird…60F at 12:30 … feels like fall out there. Hopefully we gain a few more degrees.

Just south of here one spot had almost 6 inches of rain yesterday…must have been very localized.

2 Likes

Very warm last night…only dropped into the mid/upper 60Fs for most of the night…a bit humid too with dews in the 60Fs…not great sleeping weather. 78F today and mid 70Fs weds/thurs–rain and warmer next weekend. Not much summer swimming happening…just too cool and not enough sunshine. My lettuce and broc are both still going…i might actually get a head of lettuce this year.

Looks like a very wet pattern shaping up as we head into the weekend. Been nice and dry///right around 80F …mix of sun and clouds.

Longest day of the year tomorrow…

2 Likes

Been a very tropical couple of weeks here, temps in the 70-80s and humid, with off and on rain. The ground is saturated again, so can’t mow or till the gardens. I’ve been trying to get a timing belt job done on my car, but because I have no garage, I’m at the mercy of these storms. Thankfully I’m about done with the job.

We had a heavy rain last night, another tonight, and a big line is coming within a few hours. Really getting tired of all this.

2 Likes