How is your weather? (Part 1)

Just got the biggest hail I’ve ever seen in my life, some of them nearly twice golf ball size, and spikey. There goes my new roof. . .

1 Like

The weather has been great this month, yes it’s been in the 90s a few days, but this week has been very nice, in the 80s, and not really humid. We have not had a lot of rain in July like we usually get either. So, my tomatoes and peppers are thriving in these conditions. Like with fruit, the lack of water ought to make for good tasting 'maters, unlike in past years.

1 Like

Sorry to hear it. We had some hail here a few hours ago, but nothing bigger than a ping pong ball

1 Like

Hopefully no one is hurt

2 Likes

Ping-pong ball size hail hit on the head could kill someone too

2 Likes

Oh, I know ping pong ball size is nothing to take lightly. Here that size hail is relatively common though. Hence why I have a steel roof and steel siding.

2 Likes

It still will make dent on the roof or sidings too right?

1 Like

Oh ya, it sure can. I may still end up replacing one or the other at some point due to storm damage.

2 Likes

WTPZ61 KNHC 272110
TCUEP1

Tropical Storm Erick Tropical Cyclone Update
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL EP062019
215 PM PDT Sat Jul 27 2019

…DEPRESSION BECOMES A TROPICAL STORM…

Satellite ocean surface wind data indicate that Tropical Depression
Six-E has become Tropical Storm Erick with winds near 40 mph
(65 km/h). Tropical-storm-force winds extend about 20 miles
(30 km) to the east of the center.

SUMMARY OF 215 PM PDT…2115 UTC…INFORMATION

LOCATION…11.6N 125.3W
ABOUT 1280 MI…2060 KM SW OF THE SOUTHERN TIP OF BAJA CALIFORNIA
ABOUT 2055 MI…3305 KM E OF HILO HAWAII
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS…40 MPH…65 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT…W OR 280 DEGREES AT 18 MPH…30 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE…1006 MB…29.71 INCHES

$$
Forecaster BEVEN

1 Like

Florida CONED!

2 Likes

Lookslike Haiti in the crosshairs

3 Likes

That’s a 60% chance it won’t happen.

2 Likes

It looks very well, but hope not…

3 Likes

I don’t know if it qualifies as “weather” but I sure noticed it was dark half an hour earlier than it was a month ago!

4 Likes

1 Like

thunderstorms dropped 2in. of rain yesterday. its like a a sauna out there this morning.

Got about 1.5" of rain yesterday and a cold front passed. It was in the upper 50s last night. Upper 40s tonight :grinning: I love cool nights for sleeping

2 Likes

It is like a hothouse in Honduras here in Newport. Just moved out of my house during the most humid week of the year so far. Miserable. thank goodness my friends have air conditioning!!!

2 Likes

its hot and sticky as hell here too. the showers yesterday have made the air oppressive today.

1 Like
1 Like