How is your weather? (Part 1)

rain…

2 Likes

The National Weather Service in Charleston has issued a

• Flood Advisory for Minor Flooding in…
    Beaufort County in southeastern South Carolina…
    Charleston County in southeastern South Carolina…
    Colleton County in southeastern South Carolina…

• Until 1100 AM EDT.

• At 932 AM EDT, Doppler radar indicated moderate to heavy rain
    associated with weak low pressure moving slowly northeast along
    the South Carolina coast. This area of rain will impact areas from
    from Fripp Island northeast to Kiawah Island. Several inches of
    rain could fall through 11 AM resulting in minor flooding of low
    lying and poor drainage areas. High tide will occur around 950 AM
    in Charleston Harbor.

• Some locations that will experience flooding include…
    Hilton Head Island, Beaufort, Port Royal, Edisto Beach, Hollywood,
    Folly Beach and Seabrook Island.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS…

Due to the heavy rainfall occurring within a few hours of high tide,
minor flooding is likely in coastal locations. Be especially cautious
when traveling through low-lying areas near the coast.

1 Like

We’ve had pretty good weather this past month–timely rains in about the right amount, temps in 70s or low to mid 80s most days. Vegetable garden doing great this year, the fruit mostly a bust, though. I had good success with my grafts, at least.

2 Likes

Finally not hot AF. Rain glorious glorious rain I dont think the high hit 80 today. Absoloutley beautiful!

3 Likes

Got about .8" overnight with a passing cold front. It’s 61 now with a cool breeze. Almost need to put a hoodie on…fall is coming

5 Likes

lows 70"s . muggy as hell but haven’t had to water at all this summer so i guess its all good!

1 Like

70’s are our nighttime lows. With high Humidity and for the last week BUCKETS of rain…Not a thing getting dried up here…LOL My irrigation has not been touched this year. I took the timer off just in case it stuck open…

2 Likes

Feels cool but still a little humid out tonite…

GFS showing 40Fs for overnite temps later this week… then a very quick warmup next weekend.

4 Likes

95 yesterday and today and tomorrow…then we might get a break with rain and cooler.
At least the cooler part…but we need the rain, too. Been very very little most parts of Kentucky in about 5 weeks.
(And, we may still be above average for the year, but that’s not much help at present.)

2 Likes

Been raining all weekend and this morning , I hope it’s done. Flooding will ensue …

We’ve been pretty lucky here… small rains every few days have been the norm the past couple weeks. I just mowed for the first time in probably 2 weeks so that has been a nice break.

57F last night. Like free AC with the window open. 84F today and 87F tomorrow before the high temps will “only” be in the 70Fs the rest of the week. A nice preview of fall. Next good rain doesn’t look until late in the weekend.

1 Like

We desperately need rain. It looked like we were going to get some rain yesterday but the clouds just gave me the finger and went the other direction. Not very nice if you ask me.

7 Likes

Metaphorically speaking, you are so on point :smile:

1 Like

I understand. But if you want high brix fruit drought is the recipe. Ask Alan he’s been hoping for a drought for yrs. As long as the trees aren’t dropping leaves wholesale it’s not too dry.

2 Likes

The fruit I grow is just a hobby and does not pay the bills, our farm is what needs the rain.
This is our corn from earlier this year.

2 Likes

Derecho forming… take care!

1 Like

Not many real farmers on here. That does look ugly, really ugly. Not much to call soil from the looks of it. I’m from the Midwest and a dairy/hog farm. Cultivated lots of corn, as in weeding with an 8 row cultivator. I think that’s what we called it. Then grew some corn during my work with A&M. So I feel your pain. I hope you get the rain you need…!!

3 Likes

2 Likes

10 day forecast shows a number of days with 60s for highs and 40s for lows. Paper birch leaves are starting to yellow. Fall is coming

3 Likes

my aronia and red maple are starting to color also. 64f right now and beautiful out.

2 Likes