How is your weather? (Part 1)

we haven’t had rain since Dorian went by, but you’re right about the humidity…although I actually ran my sprinklers this morning…hated to do it…now watch it pour this afternoon…that’s always the way it goes.

2 Likes

The Summer is STRONG here in Florida…Damn.

You may get some breezes and clouds from Humberto. In KY, most have had no more than 2 inches in two + months. Temps are hot here, but obviously a bit worse in Florida.

We’ve broken one or two high temp records in my area in September already. 97 or higher.

We’ve had 100’s multiple times this year. Even as hot as it usually is here that’s unusual. You are indeed correct. Winds are kicking pretty good today and supposed to tomorrow. A small help but a help nonetheless!

2 Likes

August was about normal temp for the month, but the second half was cool overall…didn’t need AC for several weeks. Very dry (almost 3 inches below norm) and cloudy too. My strawberry runners i potted up over the summer have been blooming/forming fruit…

This past week it finally turned wet and we had around 4 inches and in spots a lot more. Storms again tonite.

Looking ahead it looks warm the next week…to 10 days…

1 Like

been wetter and cooler than usual overall.

1 Like

Horrible! The Concord grapes were almost ripe, and now we are in a week of constant rain. Mind you, rain in DC is a sheet of water, while rain in Vancouver, Washington can be sprinkles. The result is the same, too much water.

I hope it don’t ruin the fruit.

The positive? I don’t have to water anything…

1 Like

I was just looking at the weather chart on weather.com. At my orchard it only hit 90s (91F) once all summer. Only got above 85 8 times, so it has been a cool, but quite humid summer here east of St. Paul.

1 Like

Finally got some much needed rain over the weekend. My PWS measured close to 1/2 and inch at our house…

While I’ve always know rain has a big impact on temps it’s interesting to see it on a graph…this is data taken from my PWS.

You can see right around 11:45 the Feel Like temp was 101

Then the rain…within a span of 25 minutes the Feel like temp dropped 20 degrees.

2 Likes

First rain since May Wooohooo! .07"

2 Likes

Warm (feels hot) and humid the last 2 days. Fog this morning was the thickest yet…almost a mist. Cleared out fast and temp jumped from 61F in the low 80Fs…with dewpoints heading towards 70F…yuck Mowed the lawn for the first time in probably a month or more. The lack of rain and sunshine in the second half of August really helped keep the grass short.

Second half the week looks very wet again. Starting late Weds thru the weekend.

1 Like

Mesoscale Precipitation Discussion 0858
NWS Weather Prediction Center College Park MD
557 AM EDT Tue Sep 17 2019

Areas affected…Southeast TX & Southwest LA
Concerning…Heavy rainfall…Flash flooding possible

The expectation is for curved rain bands to develop over the next few hours which could yield hourly rain totals to 3" within this environment where they train, with some gradual outward expansion of the banding expected through the morning. The system as a whole should move/propagate northward around a low- to mid-level high pressure system over the central Gulf of Mexico. Rain moving ashore should cause the instability gradient to retreat back
towards the coast, making it an effective front/convergence zone. The mesoscale guidance shows reasonable consistency, with a strong signal for local amounts of 5-6". Parts of these region are dry or have descended into drought, so flash flood guidance values are quite high and soils are generally desiccated.

1 Like

2 Likes

Big cool down… 80’s and 60’s…woohoo! Cool snap…

1 Like

BULLETIN
Tropical Depression Imelda Advisory Number 4
NWS Weather Prediction Center College Park MD AL112019
400 AM CDT Wed Sep 18 2019

…IMELDA MOVING FARTHER INLAND…

…HEAVY RAINS AND SIGNIFICANT FLASH FLOODING WILL SPREAD INLAND OVER EASTERN TEXAS DURING THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS…

DISCUSSION AND OUTLOOK

At 400 AM CDT (0900 UTC), the center of Tropical Depression Imelda was located near latitude 30.0 North, longitude 95.6 West. The depression is moving toward the north near 5 mph (7 km/h) and this motion is expected to continue over the next couple of days with a slight turn to the north-northwest.

RAINFALL: Imelda is expected to produce total rainfall accumulations of 6 to 12 inches with isolated maximum amounts of 18 inches across portions of eastern Texas, including the Houston and Galveston areas.

2 Likes

I’m ready for 50Fs and 60Fs (high temps) at this point…bring it on. Dew points are nearing 70F again this afternoon… Extended looks blah around here…nothing cold or even cool… GFS shows mid 80Fs right into early October…

1 Like

Finally! Rain beautiful rain!!!

2 Likes

Send some my way. We have not had rain in over a month.

1 Like

It rained pretty hard twice in 3 hours for an hour or so each time. It was desperately needed…Forecast doesn’t give us much more in the near future but the temps will be down 10-15 degrees… A little silver lining,:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like