How is your weather? (Part 1)

Yeah…next year i’m skipping it in the spring. I may still try for lettuce.

Cool 54F this morning.

Oktoberfest going on here…big parade today in town.

1 Like

Looking at models…looks safe here for no frost until at least mid October…although next week we really turn from summer (80F or better early week) type temps to fall temps. Lots of 50Fs and 60Fs in the long range…overnights in the 40Fs… I highly doubt we see another 80F this fall after Monday. Lots of rain starting late tonite thru mid week.

2 Likes

Beautiful Indian summer here, after a few days of 40s in the am.
My remaining tomatoes (Early Girl, Mr Stripey and Bonnie centennial) may even ripen completely on the vine.

1 Like

We probably hit 90 briefly yesterday, but it cooled at night nicely. Lower humidity and fewer hours of sunshine…gets hot in day, but cools good at night.
Reminds me of 1980, only the dry and heat arrived several weeks later this year. We’re in mist of a 7 or 8 day 90 degree stretch it appears in KENTUCKY. A few records will tumble. (Funny thing July and August were cooler than normal here.)

1 Like

24 hour rainfall totals. For the areas that received in excess of 3 inches of rain the past 24 hours, that amount exceeds the amount of rainfall these areas see on average for the ENTIRE month September.

We have had a challenging year for fruit trees here in central Montana. -50 temps in February, a late spring with very few bees present and then rain at least twice a week all through the Summer and Fall. The trees are still fully leafed out and green and we are in the start of what forcasters refer to as a “historic weather event”. Up to 16" of wet, heavy snow , accompanied by 40 to 50 mph winds.

4 Likes

That there (28°) is my winter low for the last 3 years lol

2 Likes

The cold is great. Keeps the masses away. :slight_smile:

67F this afternoon…about perfect late Sept day.

4 Likes

at least when its cold you can put on more clothes. when its hot all the time , there is no relief unless you sit under A/C all day. people love coming to Maine in the summer. the few daring souls that try to live here year round have a rude awakening once the temps drop to -20f and you have to go out in it to shovel feet of snow. i still prefer it to 80’s 90’s and 100’s any day. only thing I’m jealous of is the ability to garden year round in warmer enviroments.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Now you’re being funny.

3 Likes

:laughing:

True enough. But at least here with very low dew points and low humidity we are actually very comfortable even in the high heat. On wednesday we were 100° but 48° dew point. Still very comfortable. And yes gardening year round is the huge advantage.

3 Likes

Warm/hot and dry is alluring for an aging lifelong upper Midwesterner…that’s for darn sure

4 Likes

No issues with the weather. Just the traffic and the amount of people…and the cost.

Gorgeous evening but rain moving in. Drunks all over today/this evening.

2 Likes

You have that right. My wife works 20 min from home, so that’s what plants us here for now.

2 Likes

I hear you. I travel a lot for work and the joints thank me when I come back to the hot dry climate. And growing citrus and pomegranates are also not a bad thing :grinning:

5 Likes

I watch a lot of Joe Rogan and he’ll bring up the traffic/amount of people in some of his podcasts (he’s right by where Leno has all his cars). The one show he even mentioned he’s thinking of moving to Montana. We don’t get a lot of Californians up this way…although i do see a ton of Florida plates still (in the summer//probably snowbirds). The closest i’m getting to anywhere warm is a greenhouse.

3 Likes

Funny, as mentioned when I travel to many states around the country for work, I always can’t help myself but go on and on how lucky they are to live in a locale that has such an amazing commute in rural areas. I really do get jealous. When I meet some of my co-workers locally it’ll be 1.5 hours to travel 20 miles (I wish I were kidding).

1 Like

Same here in SW Ohio. I keep looking at the 10 day weather forecast on my phone. No rain at all. Or if it slightly hints at a 40-70% of rain in a few days, the following day the updated forecast % chance of rain goes back to 10%. We have not had any rain here since the first week or so of August. Almost two months of no rain. Everything is drying up so much and the leaves are falling like rain. No color to them as they should have , just brown.

2 Likes