How is your weather? (Part 1)

That sucks Mike. Ohio is usually so full of color. We don’t get much change here. From green to dead is the normal. Of all the little things I miss here is the distinct seasons. We really only have hot and not so hot…

3 Likes

2-3 inches of rain here and more in the forecast. We’re getting what we needed, others getting a lot more.

2 Likes

Similar deal in central Maryland. It’s been too hot, and we have only had about 0.1” of rain all month. Some color trying to pop out in the trees, but a lot of leaves just dropping.

A cool down late next week looks fairly likely, (and looks like it will mostly stick), but the question still remains how much rain will come with it.

2 Likes

we are near prime color here. we don’t have oaks so its all maples ,birches and aspen mostly. my aronia and sumac are fire red. the colors are unreal! been pretty wet so the leaves should hang on awhile. see if i can take some pics to post today after church.

2 Likes

Lord almighty…I could not do that. I would literally lose my mind.

2 Likes

No kidding. I’m surprised there isn’t more road rage.

4 Likes

There are actually quite a few freeway shootings. Most times gang related, however.

1 Like

I’ve said this before…but the worst traffic i’ve driven in as an adult was in Miami. It took me a few days to just adjust to driving down there and when i got back i really appreciated living here (as in we don’t have much traffic/commute/etc).

Rain/clouds and cold 57F this morning…should see maybe 86F tomorrow…and then i would say bye bye to summer temps until next spring. Extended isn’t cold, but much more October like.

4 Likes

Agreed. I’ve driven all over the east and north. I do 45,000 miles a year just in Florida. Miami is by FAR the worst…

Just crossed Miami off the list of places to visit :grimacing:

3 Likes

Huh, surprised with the Miami comments. I visit occasionally found the traffic “bearable” lol.
For those interested here’s nations top 14 worst traffic locations. We clocked in at #8 Woohoo! Not!!!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
https://www.moneycrashers.com/worst-us-cities-traffic-commute-time/

1 Like

I agree with you. We usually get such nice fall colors. The ones that normally look nice prior to the frosts are just turning brown. Ugly looking fall, so far.

1 Like

We avoided a frost again last night as it got down to 37 degrees this morning. Still no frost yet at our location going into the first day of Oct tomorrow…not bad. Looks like the next chance is Wed night or later this week before a slight warm-up heading into next week.

3 Likes

was 28f this morning. covered my small row of blackberries but thats it. supposed to cool to upper 40’s rest of the week and upper 20’s at night. seasons over here.

2 Likes

What a difference…

1 Like

It was I5 or whatever the main drag is that runs north to south. Once you got south of Miami (driving down to the keys) it wasn’t so bad… All big cities are nuts (during rush hour). I know when my brother took his Wi to California to Florida and back road trip a few years back…he said La to San Diego was nuts…then Houston was crazy (he hit it at rush hour). I just hate driving these days. Maybe if i had a Tesla i’d feel differently.

Going for upper 80Fs today. Already 70F this morning with fog.

Bye Bye summer! Looking ahead i think we might pull out a 70F or 2…but mainly back into 50Fs and 60Fs.

1 Like

True, all the city centers can be hell during their rush hour. A few years back my wife and I drove from Toronto Canada to California. Got a real taste of traffic patterns.

A chilly 50° here atm after an unusual dip into the 40° here overnight. Normal temps return late week.

87F in Uzes, France

2 Likes

90F here and very humid… should be upper 50Fs by late week. MY plants get one last day of heat.

Expecting 93 in Kentucky is the forecast.