How is your weather? (Part 1)

I always expect to get a bit of a drought when we get a really wet spring. However, this is a horrible drought stretch. I know they said we were only 1.5" below normal, for the year. My plants and trees don’t really look like they agree it is only 1.5" below normal rainfall.

1 Like

Raining again

You can look on the radar and see just how far that blocking high in the SE extends, as the rain comes over and over the same route

1 Like

Front pushed thru up here…strong NW winds (cold) this morning. Should be quiet until Sat…then all day rain. Sun-Tues look very nice. Then rain again as warm air moves in mid week (upper 60Fs to 70F).

Tonite should be low 40Fs.

Cold, wet, and dreary…that’s how the weather is here

1 Like

Yesterday: 92, dank humidity, AC on
Today: 55, chill rain, lighting wood stove

1 Like

Dodged another frost. We may get another week of picking hot peppers and red raspberries :grinning:

4 Likes

we got 4 good frosts so far and the raspberries are still ripening. most of the leaves are a purple color.

3 Likes

Here in central Montana, heavy wet snow “pruned” most of my 4 year old apple trees. They went from 7 or 8 to 5 foot high. Most of my second year bark grafts on old trees were scrubbed off of their limbs but all of the grafts from this past Spring survived. We have had a lot of rain this Fall, so trees are still fully leafed out and green. The 14" of wet snow caused a lot of damage to Cottonwood and Aspen trees. Utility crews worked four straight days to restore power due to trees falling over power lines. This was our first “frost event” of the season.

5 Likes

Finally the record heat broke today. We are heading for normal temperatures.

1 Like
2 Likes

7 Likes

52F and rain here… been stuck in the 50Fs for days now. should get sun back for Sun-Tues and a warm up… This non stop rain and clouds is reminding me of November…our cloudiness month…hopefully we get some more sunshine then normal…

1 Like

been pretty wet here as well. we were 3in. above average in sept.

Send us some. Been weeks with no rain and mid ninety temps…

1 Like

Rain and cool here, tho it’s supposed to clear up - They Say

I fear the garden will be too muddy again this year for fall tilling

gladly! i hope my garlic doesn’t rot.

Super wet here the last 30 days…finally seeing the sun this morning for the first time in a long time.

1 Like

If you look at the map, at the SW corner of Ohio, that is the weather we have been getting since the middle to end of July through now.

2 Likes

It’s Raining!!! In Northeast Tennessee… Been breaking records with temps in the 90’s up until yesterday… And no significant rain in ~6 weeks.

Brutal dry down there…

Looking ahead…nice week ahead until the rains return thurs/Fri…next weekend looks COLD…might not get out of the 30Fs sat…sun…extended after that looks not so warm…might be tough getting getting back out of the 50Fs… outdoor tropical plants will be coming inside for good very soon :frowning:

1 Like