How is your weather? (Part 1)

:joy: you really do know the area. My aunt comes up from missouri and likes to shop at tjmaxx for the same reason. :joy:

The more i look around the more i realizing housing is relatively cheap hereā€¦ugh

Windy here and cold, light flurries mixed w rain

Growing season will end tonight at 30 degrees with frost and same for tomorrow.

Tony

1 Like

Nothing froze overnite.

An inch or two of snow on the ground and 30 degrees. Windchill in the 20s. Sure looks and feels like winter out there. Iā€™ve seen some pics from NoDakā€¦just crazy. Multiple feet of snow and total whiteout conditions.

3 Likes

34F here with sunshine but not sure how long it will last. Wind is blowing hard still. I need the sun to warm up houseā€¦i still havenā€™tturned on the furnaceā€¦

1 Like

Yes. I moved most most potted plants inside yesterday. It is going to be around freezing temperatures tonight

It is snowing here now.

Late October continues to look very cool/cold out west and very warm out east.

39F all nightā€¦stuck under a thick band of clouds. Low 40Fs maybe today. Winds still blowing. Low pressure just slowly moving north of the borderā€¦ butā€¦t.he pattern through the rest of the month does look mildishā€¦ and maybe keeping it wet too ā€“ so after today should see better temps.

Well, we had frost on Sunday morningā€¦a day or three before I thought it would. KY

1 Like

Ho hum, just another bone dry, warm week. :sunglasses:

Again no frost

1 Like

We had it on the roof. Temp was 35F. Didnā€™t see any on the ground though. Late week iā€™m taking all my plants back out for the weekend. Lots wet and mild.

1 Like

Rain, beautiful rainā€¦

We still have not had a significant frost here. 14 day forecast still has us above 32 degrees at night.

Incoming Noreasterā€¦1-2 inches of rainā€¦20-30 mph sustained winds with higher gusts (ugh).

1 Like

The long range seasonal models as of right now keep it warm in the NE/east this winter and cold west ā€¦very very subject to changeā€¦

A very mid Oct 53F with lots of cloudsā€¦should see a nice warm up Fri thru the weekendā€¦mid/upper 60fs. Rain comes back too.

Looks like an impressive Northeaster is going to move up the coast later this week. Should be lots of wind and rainā€¦

I still have peppers growing, nothing else. It was supposed to be about 38 Sat night, but to my dismay it got down to 33.8 up here on the hill. The pepper patch is down the hill, and some got bit pretty bad, not totally fried, but peppers like my habs and 7-pots didnā€™t fare well. I donā€™t know if it got below freezing in the patch, but it was close enough. If Iā€™d known itā€™d get that cold, I would have covered some of them.

Was hoping that weā€™d get a couple more weeks of above freezing temps so more would ripen, but what can you do. I planted them out in late June, so I canā€™t be too surprised. Flowers and peppers up here on the hill are still okay, so it was just a matter of a couple degrees.

Itā€™s supposed to be rainy on Wed, 38 tomorrow night and 36 Thu night, so guess Iā€™ll need to pick all of them before that.

Iā€™ve resisted turning on the heat, but Sat and Sun nights it dropped to 60 in the house, so last night I gave in and turned it on a bit.

Rain, rain, glorious rain!!!

3 Likes

Picked the rest of our ripe peppers in our planters on the deck earlier this evening. Didnā€™t want to chance tonightā€™s predicted low of 36ā€¦itā€™s very calm and cold out thereā€¦might be closer to 33-34 Iā€™m guessing.

2 Likes

I got three super hot pepper varieties (ghost pepper, choc hab and 7-pot) in three cups that are up here on the hill, the cold didnā€™t hurt them. I was thinking of putting these three plants in a big pot and see if I can grow them indoors.

But, guess Iā€™ll have to pick the others down the hill, thereā€™s 21 plants, so weā€™ll be making a lot of hot sauce, can some and freeze the rest.

1 Like