How is your weather?

…TROPICAL STORM WARNINGS ISSUED FOR PORTIONS OF THE NORTHERN GULF COAST…

Special Message from NHC Issued 17 Oct 2019 14:27 UTC
NHC will initiate advisories on Potential Tropical Cyclone Sixteen, located over the southwestern Gulf of Mexico, at 10 AM CDT.

WTNT31 KNHC 171456
TCPAT1

BULLETIN
Potential Tropical Cyclone Sixteen Advisory Number 1
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL AL162019
1000 AM CDT Thu Oct 17 2019

…DISTURBANCE OVER THE SOUTHWESTERN GULF OF MEXICO EXPECTED TO
DEVELOP INTO A TROPICAL OR SUBTROPICAL STORM LATER TODAY OR
TONIGHT…
…TROPICAL STORM WARNINGS ISSUED FOR PORTIONS OF THE NORTHERN GULF
COAST…

SUMMARY OF 1000 AM CDT…1500 UTC…INFORMATION

LOCATION…22.4N 95.7W
ABOUT 140 MI…225 KM E OF TAMPICO MEXICO
ABOUT 620 MI…995 KM SW OF THE MOUTH OF THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS…35 MPH…55 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT…N OR 355 DEGREES AT 8 MPH…13 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE…1007 MB…29.74 INCHES

WATCHES AND WARNINGS

CHANGES WITH THIS ADVISORY:

A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect from the Mississippi/Alabama
border to the Ochlockonee River, Florida.

A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect from Grand Isle, Louisiana to
the Mouth of the Pearl River.

A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect east of the Ochlockonee River to
Yankeetown, Florida.

A Storm Surge Watch is in effect from Indian Pass, Florida, to
Clearwater, Florida.

SUMMARY OF WATCHES AND WARNINGS IN EFFECT:

A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for…

• Mississippi/Alabama border to the Ochlockonee River, Florida
  • Grand Isle, Louisiana to the Mouth of the Pearl River

A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for…

• East of the Ochlockonee River to Yankeetown, Florida

A Storm Surge Watch is in effect for…

• Indian Pass to Clearwater, Florida

Careful when you ask for rain in Florida. You might get it

we are getting pounded by a nor’easter right now. heavy rain and gusts to 45mph. that should take care of the last of the leaves.

Power was out for a few hrs last night. Had to bring the flags in off the flagpole it looked like it was going to come thru my bow window any second

Yeah…impressive sat image today… its all blue skies and calm around here. Perfect fall day. Another month or 2 and that would be a big blizzard.

yep. if it was 10f colder it would have been a easy foot of snow. we’ve had permanent snow on the ground here as early as the 1st. week in oct.

No hard frost’s here yet. Still picking raspberries north of Minneapolis.

I still am eating a few Caroline. Mine are in a somewhat shaded spot so they don’t do the greatest but still give some berries.

Last weekend i watched a bunch of videos of a couple who have been farming/homesteading/whatever you call it just north of Anchorage, AK (solar power/generator/wood heat). I am fascinated on how they do things up there–i couldn’t stop watching the videos on YT. I have come to realize it probably isn’t much different then growing crops in say north central Wisconsin except they have almost day long sunshine in the summer///and they don’t get the humidity up there. It does get into the 80Fs…but mostly 60Fs/70Fs and overnites seem to run in the 40Fs and 50Fs…even in July. They do grow beautiful cabbage /broccoli/carrots/potatoes… although they also use a high tunnel greenhouse for warm weather stuff (corn/tomato/peppers)… Everything must be fenced (moose/rabbits) The salmon fishing (they had a few videos) looked awesome–rivers are crystal clear. Not sure if i could do it up there, but the summers seem amazing and the firewood is endless (lots of beetle kill trees).

57F here…not a bad day…should add about 10F to that the next few days. All the plants are going out one last time for a long weekend.

my raspberries are also still producing. not much flavor but i get a handful every day. my alpine strawberries are still putting out a decent crop of about a small bowl full daily between 12 plants.

Pretty sure I couldn’t. Their insects don’t eat crops; they eat people.

although their black flies are bad up there i doubt its as bad as we have here. mid may black flies come out . mosquitos in early june. horse flies, deer flies and no see ums in july. by mid sept. they start to die off. our weather is nice in summer but the bugs are terrible in all but the driest years.

BULLETIN
Potential Tropical Cyclone Sixteen Intermediate Advisory Number 4A
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL AL162019
700 AM CDT Fri Oct 18 2019

…DANGEROUS STORM SURGE AND TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXPECTED
ALONG PORTIONS OF THE NORTHERN GULF COAST LATER TODAY AND TONIGHT…

SUMMARY OF 700 AM CDT…1200 UTC…INFORMATION

LOCATION…25.1N 91.2W
ABOUT 305 MI…490 KM SSW OF THE MOUTH OF THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS…40 MPH…65 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT…NE OR 50 DEGREES AT 21 MPH…33 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE…1004 MB…29.65 INCHES

A Storm Surge Warning is in effect for:

Indian Pass Florida to Clearwater Beach Florida

…DISTURBANCE BECOMES TROPICAL STORM NESTOR… …DANGEROUS STORM SURGE AND TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXPECTED ALONG PORTIONS OF THE NORTHERN GULF COAST LATER TODAY AND TONIGHT…
1:00 PM CDT Fri Oct 18
Moving: NE at 22 mph
Min pressure: 1001 mb
Max sustained: 60 mph

Yeah…but i haven’t heard these Alaskan folks complain much (look them up on YT if you want… they are called simple living alaska) …they are originally from San Fran area…moved to Oregon and then to AK. They were on a second property they bought and had to leave because the bugs were so bad but it looked really boggy. I couldn’t do it up there…well if i had a flight and an estate on the big island of Hawaii from Oct-April then i could.

Mild day…very windy here…66F and still rising. Hard freezing looking very likely next friday morning. End is near.

E coast due for some drought relief