How is your weather? (Part 1)

my raspberries are also still producing. not much flavor but i get a handful every day. my alpine strawberries are still putting out a decent crop of about a small bowl full daily between 12 plants.

2 Likes

Pretty sure I couldn’t. Their insects don’t eat crops; they eat people.

2 Likes

although their black flies are bad up there i doubt its as bad as we have here. mid may black flies come out . mosquitos in early june. horse flies, deer flies and no see ums in july. by mid sept. they start to die off. our weather is nice in summer but the bugs are terrible in all but the driest years.

1 Like

BULLETIN
Potential Tropical Cyclone Sixteen Intermediate Advisory Number 4A
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL AL162019
700 AM CDT Fri Oct 18 2019

…DANGEROUS STORM SURGE AND TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXPECTED
ALONG PORTIONS OF THE NORTHERN GULF COAST LATER TODAY AND TONIGHT…

SUMMARY OF 700 AM CDT…1200 UTC…INFORMATION

LOCATION…25.1N 91.2W
ABOUT 305 MI…490 KM SSW OF THE MOUTH OF THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS…40 MPH…65 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT…NE OR 50 DEGREES AT 21 MPH…33 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE…1004 MB…29.65 INCHES

A Storm Surge Warning is in effect for:

Indian Pass Florida to Clearwater Beach Florida

…DISTURBANCE BECOMES TROPICAL STORM NESTOR… …DANGEROUS STORM SURGE AND TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXPECTED ALONG PORTIONS OF THE NORTHERN GULF COAST LATER TODAY AND TONIGHT…
1:00 PM CDT Fri Oct 18
Moving: NE at 22 mph
Min pressure: 1001 mb
Max sustained: 60 mph

Yeah…but i haven’t heard these Alaskan folks complain much (look them up on YT if you want… they are called simple living alaska) …they are originally from San Fran area…moved to Oregon and then to AK. They were on a second property they bought and had to leave because the bugs were so bad but it looked really boggy. I couldn’t do it up there…well if i had a flight and an estate on the big island of Hawaii from Oct-April then i could.

Mild day…very windy here…66F and still rising. Hard freezing looking very likely next friday morning. End is near.

E coast due for some drought relief

I thought it was windy here…>Omaha is gusting to 54mph…with temps in the low 70Fs…

Rain looking very likely tomorrow here.

Yeah. All my 100 plus potted figs are blown over. Time to put them in the tornado shelter this weekend anyway.

1 Like

Do you remove all the leaves before doing that? My one big potted fig …a lot of the leaves have turned yellow in the past week. It’s coming in for good on Monday.

Nice day//68F/// but the wind was just ugh…

get ready…the NAEFS is really cold late month/early November… brrr…get those long unders ready… record cold or just cold…who knows…something to watch?

I’m the blue dot… Woohoo!!!

2 Likes

Yeah… I might need to find the snow shovel.

This evening we took a drive up to the top of the city…about a million people up there. The colors still aren’t peaked yet imo.

Looking south…should be Iowa out there in the distance.

8 Likes

I go by how full of leaves are the gutters on the house

1 Like

Yeah…still a lot of green here in the city.

We had the thickest fog in place yet this morning…didn’t clear until after noon …up on the bluffs it was clear all morning (the fog settles into the river valleys). It did warm for 43F to 64F…so nice blast of warmth.

I buried a bunch of potted plants today. Next week should be our first freeze (friday morn). It does look a little more mild next weekend…so probably not completely game over…but close to game over.

Rain all morning…well over an inch. Downpour right before it quit…then sun came and it was nice…back into clouds… . this storm is a pig… If it was winter we’d be shoveling a lot of snow.

center is near say Albert Lea, MN…right on the Iowa border

3 Likes

thats hitting us weds. supposed too be 1.5in. total for weds-thurs. don’t need that kind of rain this late in the season. good thing its not colder. :wink:

groaning noise gutters. I have to face them this weekend. My sugar maples sort of detonated in about 28 hours. Poof.
Nice this week tho. 60s

Almost 80 here today, and very windy. A front’s coming thru this evening with some rain.

Grass is just about all brown now, with a few green splotches. Most of the trees still have their leaves, but are turning color now, later than usual. Think we had to do our last mowing last week, yay!

Today the ladybugs are doing their annual fall hibernation into the buildings, they are thick around here, and very annoying. We have to keep all the doors and windows shut or they’d be everywhere in the house. They hide in the buildings until March, then they go outside for the warmer months. It’s like this for a few days, then you don’t see them again until spring. Seeing a few stinkbugs and lots of flies too for some reason.