How is your weather? (Part 1)

Series of winter storms hitting the Denver area. Up by me likely 1-2’ of snow. Right now freezing fog. Going to feel an awful lot like winter here for the next 4 days…

2 Likes

Snow on Tuesday with 24 degrees low. I will blowout the sprinklers today and will put all the potted figs away for Winter. Labor of love!!!

Tony

5 Likes

Matthew Cappucci
✔
@MatthewCappucci
BREAKING: The #KincadeFire is undergoing rapid expansion right now.

Satellite shows it surging south as strong northeasterly offshore winds and desert-like low humidities scream into the region.

Santa Rosa north of Highway 12/west of 101 is evacuating.

1 Like

We have friends in Monte Rio and are under a mandatory evacuation. This thing could burn to the coast if these winds persist.

1 Like

NWS Bay Area :heavy_check_mark: @NWSBayArea

A couple of fires (darker areas) starting to show up on GOES-17 in Contra Costa County. #CAwx #CAFire

1 Like

Snow still on for mid/late week… Road salt season will begin early this year.

Looks like there’s another large fire flaring up south of Clayton as well. Evacuations going up for parts of Morgan territory.

1 Like

New fire in the bay area at Glen Cove

Fire on both sides of the I-80 Carquinez bridge in Vallejo

Crazy! Some large refineries are pretty close to that area.

1 Like

Major fire breaks out at Carquinez Bridge in Vallejo; Interstate 80 closed
People in cars trapped on I-80 in Vallejo, at Carquinez Bridge, fires at both ends of bridge

Entire town of Crockett CA ordered to evacuate!

1 Like

Statewide emergency declared for the state of California. PG&E is shutting down more power. Record outage to be set again there.

(Update 83, 12:16 am)#KincadeFire Fire is well established in Foothill Regional Park and will impact homes in 30 to 60 minutes. IF YOU HAVE NOT EVACUATED DO SO IMMIDEATELY

2 Likes

Goes loop shows the winds a lot better…pretty strong NE breeze blowing the smoke out over the Pacific. No rain in the SFO (San Fran) forecast through the next 2 weeks, but wind should let up. Temps stay mild (Avg>?) through the run.

3 Likes

It’s crazy here. Fires are literally breaking out everywhere. 90+mph winds on the peaks. If you can find an online stream of NBC Bayarea it’s wild.

3 Likes

i dont envy you CA folks! ill take the cold and snow over fires and earthquakes anytime!

4 Likes

This next week looks and is going to feel like winter. LUckily the models seem to be trending south some with the storm…so hopefully not too much here.

I hear you. It can be both a beautiful, and a challenging climate to live. When it’s sunny and comfortable, it’s paradise.

3 Likes

# GettyFire (Los Angeles) - Evacuations underway on N Kenter Ave w/ evacuee traffic backing up that on street, requesting traffic control @ Sunset Blvd/Kenter. Looks like fire in & around many structures on the live footage.

1 Like