How is your weather? (Part 1)

PG&E is warning of yet another “strong and widespread wind event” to sweep through the Bay Area Tuesday into midday Wednesday.

Mid/late week storm looks south and east of the area. Models have continued to show this trend so starting to think this area is out of it for now. Areas of Kansas/MO/Iowa into S wi look to get snow, but who knows how much. Further south i could see mixing issues and warm ground temps playing in.

Just cold here this morning. Brr… Temp has actually been going DOWN this morning with NW winds. Should see some light snow tonite…roads could be slick in the morning? hopefully not. Looks like we’ve taken the next step towards winter…extended temps all are stuck in the 40Fs…

I’m stilling picking spearmint. I have to harvest the rest of it soon. I haven’t covered it yet. I have a bunch of strawberry plants in pots i need to do something with too… Might let them get some chill hours and then put them under grow lights…not sure yet.

So crazy! We just desperately need the rainy season to get underway.

2 Likes

our summers and falls are like that. once winter sets in though it can get wicked brutal w/ temps sometimes dropping to -40f here. 10yrs. ago we set a new state record low of -50f!

1 Like

Now were talking!!!

1 Like

Holy crap! :open_mouth:

I forget…do you have a wood stove? I was at the park with the kids today and could smell someone had a fire going. Love that smell this time of year. When i use to jog in the winter, that was always one smell you could count on every night out.

It’s 43F here today but with the sunshine, it is actually pretty nice out there. These type of days are great. Wish winter had more of them. Perfect hiking weather.

2 Likes

Geez, last week we were in the mid 90’s and night-time temperatures were in the 70s. Today is mid-70’s with night-time temperatures forecast to be in the high 40’s! I’m within 10 miles of the coast, we do not normally get temperatures that dip into the low 50’s until well into the winter, not to say high 40’s!

Plus all the crazy fires up north of me. Here in SD we’ve been luckier with only a handful of small fires.

no. i wish. maybe someday i will again. fuel oil gets expensive.

I’m the opposite on the burning smell. I like to open the windows, and the smoke smell prohibits me from doing so!

First snow of the season last night here, a good couple inches on non paved surfaces. The least snow was April 27th so from 4/27 to 10/28 is only 185 days.

Both unusually late, and early snow. I wonder what the record is for this area for shortest times between least and first snow.

3 Likes

Yeah.it’s never nice when its blowing in the windows…although a proper burning wood stove with dry wood should hardly give off any smoke. Some guys though will burn anything. A buddy back in high school …his dad would throw wet wood right into their wood furnace (that heated water)… that thick would smoke like a steam engine.

Nice day…mid 40fs and lots of sunshine again.

2 Likes

Mandatory evacuations!

Mike Bettes :heavy_check_mark: @mikebettes

· 23m

The Santa Ana winds turn extreme tonight and the fire danger goes way up across Northern and Southern #California. We’ll have live coverage from The Golden State and speak live with Governor #GavinNewsom on #WUTV 5-8pm ET.

1 Like

I’m right in one of those red flag warning zones. AGAIN! :unamused:

1 Like

stay safe! praying for you guys.

2 Likes
1 Like

19 tonight. Highs in the 20s next week. Seems a bit early for those temps.

1 Like

Snow on the ground here this morn

We’re going 60’s and 40’s in N Florida. That’s pretty low here for Nov 1st as well. Nice cold front dropping. I hope it stays here…

1 Like

We had a fall day yesterday. Few…we went from summer to winter it seems.