How is your weather? (Part 1)

I felt we were having a nice cold snap. I guess the guys posting before me would consider this a heat wave!!!

2 Likes

It’s looking kinda like a polar vortex pattern setting up

Yeah, out west we don’t consider that a heatwave :slight_smile::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Get use to that weather…looks stuck right thru the rest of the month.

Over here we are in the pool of cold…a winter pattern for sure. Coldest temps were around the lakes this morning…should shift east for tomorrow morning.

Key West was a chilly 80F for a low temp…

1 Like

I know. What’s funny is even though it’s absolutely stunning weather, we want/need the rain. But the ridge is very strong (and stationary).

It would appear we head towards more average type temps as we get into late month here… not sure how warm but this cold spell should be done by late next week…following week should be quite mild …
…the real cold will be found in Siberia… …

Some snow melt today…temps in the low 40Fs.

2 Likes

Cold in Des Moines.

1 Like

Siberia is where it belongs

2 Likes

13F right now…bitter cold all day…had mix of sun and clouds…very light dusting of snow…didn’t add up to anything. Cold night on tap.

And even colder tomorrow nite. Then it normals up.

12in. on the ground and still coming down hard.

2 Likes

Currently 7F here…if we had snow cover it would be 0F or colder…

This cold shot is very short lived. Extended GFS has a nice mild look to it…nothing warm but nothing like this. Could jump back into the 50Fs next week if models are right.

Gonna have to get my parka out!!!

1 Like

heck thats still shorts weather in these parts. :wink:

3 Likes

The cold made it pretty far south…maybe in Dec? or Jan we can get a nice chunk to head over S FLorida and give Miami some frost :santa:

single digits down into north Texas.

22 degrees at 11 a.m. with an inch or more on grassy or leafy surfaces…and flurries.

23f here. just got done blowing the yard. got 15in. of heavy snow.

This the first big dip tonight. Going down to 21f tonight.

It s between 33 and 36 degrees. How are you supposed to work in such heat ? Most of our houses here go from thatched to corrugated iron sheets which just soaks up heat and usually unpleasant to sit inside during the day. Hence Mangoe trees used to help as the grand trees were used for shade, village meeting sites etc. We intend to replant and protect the said trees.

9 Likes

We have a skiff of snow on the ground; low this morning was 7.9F (or -13.3 to you centigradians). Don’t recall it ever being this cold this early. Just finished a several-day fig-covering marathon last night—and had to leave one unknown Mt. Etna-type exposed because I ran out of materials and time. Guess it’ll be a good test for it—and also for my new Arp rosemary, which is tucked in the south corner of a shed against a little sandstone cairn and covered with a mylar emergency blanket. Have some Chinese cabbages under blankets and mylar—so will be interesting to see how those fared. I suspect not well, as they’re not as hardy as western cabbage.

1 Like