How is your weather? (Part 1)

Upper 50s today and tomorrow. Looking ahead in the 40 almost the end of the month. Weird warming weather so far.

2 Likes

Hmmm…woke up to a little snow this morning… not sure temps are going to perform today…looks as though the warm air comes in with the rain later this week. GFS still showing around an inch with temps in the 50Fs… No real cold air until early December…

had a brief cold front end of last week through the weekend (that’s into the mid 40’s for us)…Today, just about perfect weather…39% humidity is practically unheard of here…

No sun since Sat here… Still showing an inch of rain starting tonite into tomorrow… stuck in the mid 40Fs…

The days start out gloomy and get darker. I can’t look out the window and make any kind of guess about what time it is. It’s the d~~ned cosmic rays, I tell you.

Sun tried to come out yesterday but it wasn’t happening.

Upper 40Fs all night and rain… ended up with just under an inch…so GFS was almost dead on…still a little more to come before its done. Dry is the word after today…and seasonal…no Arctic outbreaks or snowstorms showing up yet…

First full day of sun yesterday in a long time…was chilly though…only sat around freezing all day… looks like more sun today.

Lots of things popping up in the models locally… looks like snow Tues/Weds…few inches at least… Then late next week that Cali system should run this way and really make a mess…models are going crazy with precip around here (should be all snow…but temps are right around that iffy mark…so who knows.)… After that the model must see about 2 feet of snow on the ground so it plunges the temps well below 0F for overnight lows…yum…

Lots of rain heading for California next week…more so South California and baja and then into N Arizona…

Looks mild today and tomorrow…but then snow looking real good Tues night…showing anywhere from 3-8 inches… white turkey day around here looking likely… never seems snowy on T day… hmmm

1 Like

hmmm…latest models looking warmer…leaning towards mostly rain… a lot of it too…so weird. This wet pattern continues.

1 Like

GFS is even wetter now with the system…now its nearing an inch and a half…it did very well with the last heavy rain. I still think its almost all liquid around here…but these things are iffy this time of year…one thing is we have no snowcover…which should help keep temps up a little…

And then storm #2 is late week/weekend…that looks all rain and a lot of it …an all day washout Friday/Sat ? Going to end up being a very wet November.

Clouds again today…clouds yesterday…we’ve had like 1 full sunny day in the last 2 weeks.

Sounds like a good shot of 5"+ of snow tomorrow night and then another 6-12" Friday through Sunday. Yippee. Better get the snowplow on the F250

1 Like

Yeah…it looks like this area is right on the line… The GFS takes the low from about S of Des Moines to about Green Bay… .usually in this area you want a low to go thru about Chicago for heavy snow…But Minneapolis could be in for some fun…

Who knows what happens…this pretty much is similar to what the GFS shows…

I’m hoping those ^^^models are correct. Most of the snow tracks south and east of me

just got another 6’’ last night. snowmobilers are out and about. some sled clubs are already grooming the trails. looks like the storm you guys are getting is going to hit us mid week. i already had to shovel 2ft. off my roof. can’t say i ever remember doing that before thanksgiving.

2 Likes

That sounds nightmarish. Winter there is worse than winter here.

1 Like

1 to 2 feet of snow is forecast for us (front range foothills) over the next 36 hours. Should be an “interesting” storm.

1 Like

Somewhere like Redwing might be a good spot for heavy snow and then east across central./northl WI… I’m still not sure about here…going to really depend on temps i think…for sure it looks to mix in with rain but maybe as the low scoots by to the east we’ll turn to all snow. Going to be a mess for sure. Fun for the gun deer hunters later this week.

49F right now…maybe have hit 50F between obs…gorgeous afternoon.

1 Like

like I’ve said before . it seems our winters are getting longer , snowier and colder. even the old timers notice the difference. our summers have been about average.

1 Like