How is your weather? (Part 1)

Maine goes from growing z 3a up here to z 6a on the southern coast. a forester friend says that along the st. john river near me, there is a micro climate of z2b on the U.S side of the river. thats about 500 yards. down hill from here.

2 Likes

Mt Washington in New Hampshire has some crazy weather at 6200 ftā€¦ They can have amazing winds at that elevationā€¦over 200mphā€¦

Just today locally we had 1.5 inches at the airport while the NWS (maybe a few miles as a bird flies) had near 5 inchesā€¦just due to the 500ft elevation difference. Central WI is much colder and areas near Milwaukee dropping below 0F isnā€™t nearly as common as other parts of the state (due to L Mich).

https://www.mountwashington.org/experience-the-weather/current-summit-conditions.aspx

1 Like

Do you ever wish you lived close to the ocean? Iā€™d rather have Des Moines climateā€¦a lot less snow and they tap spring warmth a lot better then we do.

1 Like

Weā€™re getting pounded with rain in SE AZ. Weā€™ve got it coming from the South & the West!

1 Like

land is insanely expensive down there. and the tourist from MA, CT, AND NY would drive me nuts! id rather deal with the cold and snow. :wink:

2 Likes

Ferocious wind all day, but itā€™s died down now. No major tree damage with this one.

1 Like

6-17" on the way the weather guessers say. 6" ainā€™t bad. 17" would effectively make us homebound for a few days.

1 Like

lolā€¦ yeah waterfront here is very highly priced (a lot of houses on the river)ā€¦

snow overnightā€¦just enough to cover the ground a little. Saying another 1/2 to 2 inches locallyā€¦ a lot more across N Wisconsin.

Man the cloudiness is getting oldā€¦ just days and days of clouds. Keeps the nights mild but that is about it.

this time of year i welcome cloudiness. when its clear its brutally cold and usually windy.

1 Like

No itā€™s 45 and dreary looking. Iā€™d rather see sunshine.

1 Like

I just want some more light for house plants and to warm it up someā€¦

Novclouds

So November has had 25 (today is raining/all clouds) out of 30 days of clouds/pt cloudsā€¦but even the pt clouds were mostly cloudsā€¦ So yeahā€¦not a good time of the year for a solar panel or sun tanning :sunny:

Overall been a cold month tooā€¦-4F below normsā€¦hasnā€™t seem like it. Precip running above of course. Looking ahead for Decā€¦still not showing any real cold weatherā€¦more of the same (30Fs)ā€¦

I used to live in Bar Harbor. They have a saying: ā€œSummer people: some are people.ā€ The population of the town is just a few thousand, but millions and millions visit over the course of the summer.

2 Likes

ā™« Itā€™s the most crappiest time of the year.
With the wind and the snow
and the blowing and blowing
and trees falling down! ā™« LOL!

1 Like

Itā€™s like the apocalypseā€¦end of the world weather patterā€¦all we need is Yellowstone to eruptā€¦ its mild but man the clouds/rain have been nonstop this month. Spitting snow this morning but pretty much no snowcover. ā€¦just wet. I still have some apple trees that are clinging to most of their leavesā€¦

The good? thing is there is no cold air anywhere to be seen in the next 2 weeksā€¦

1 Like

Just got in from plowing/shoveling/snow blowing. We had to get all of 12". Iā€™m guessing closer to 14". Pretty nice drifts in spots. With no temps above 30 and plenty of nights in the low teens/single digitsā€¦the snow wonā€™t be going anywhere anytime soon.

1 Like

its been a very active pattern here as well but at least the clouds clear for a day every 3-4 days but its now sunny in the teens with a -0f whidchill. more snow midweek.

Alarms went off where I was in Madison County, Kentucky yesterday. Flash Flood warnings.

So, itā€™s a struggle here in zone 6 to get much done. Ground isnā€™t frozen, so the flurries tonight or tomorrow wonā€™t stick. (Thatā€™s good.) Actually had sunshine this morningā€¦that was delightful to see. 58 when I got upā€¦now around 50 on way to 32 tonight.

1 Like

Been an interesting Tā€™day week here weather-wise. We got 26" of snow out that storm Mon-Wed. Then it turned cold (~0F), then high winds (70-90mph). Good weather to stay inside. The wind gave us the chance to shovel the same stormā€™s snow from the walks and drive a couple of times, great fun (but probably a good way to work off Tā€™day dinner and leftovers).

Back to a more normal pattern for us for the next few days, clear and sunny with highs in the upper 30ā€™s to low 40ā€™s. Should melt things off the roads before the next round of snow.

3 Likes

Snow just started a few minutes ago here, already sticking. Managed to get the last of the leaf shredding and bed mulching done. I had hoped to plant the shallots that I hadnā€™t gotten to yet, but ground was frozen. They should keep till spring, fortunately.

1 Like