How is your weather? (Part 1)

Yeah…sunshine here tomorrow finally. This evening i could see the clouds are breaking up some already…maybe see the stars later. Snow this afternoon but it just didn’t add up to anything… a layer of ice crust maybe. I would take a nice dry boring December… with a lot more sun.

Dang…

From The Weather Channel Android App: New York Governor Declares State of Emergency, Boston Schools Close as Winter Storm Pummels Northeast | The Weather Channel - Articles from The Weather Channel | weather.com

glad we are only getting clipped by that . only 5-8in. here which is business as usual for n. Maine.

1 Like

Lucky. That thing looks nasty. I wondered if Alan is under watches?

2 Likes

We had 10-12" overnight. Depending on the source, they’re expecting an additional 4-6" or 6-12" tonight. I’ll be glad when I can be done with shoveling out and just enjoy the scenery.

probably. my brothers in CT. and he said everythings closed there. when i was a kid, it took 2ft. of snow before they would close school . they didn’t have to worry about getting sued back then. i remember us helping the bus driver put on chains in a blizzard. thats when men were men! :wink:

3 Likes

Cool morning …21F …but clear sunshine all day… 34F now… Looking forward to a week of this.

1 Like

MN has a nice snowcovered look this afternoon on MODIS…Hasn’t really been cold so all the lakes/rivers are still open… I didn’t see any ice on the river this afternoon locally.

6 Likes

-2 here this morning and about 14" of snow on the ground. People have been icefishing for a couple weeks (I wouldn’t, but people do)

2 Likes

Another 7-8" shoveled today with more on the way. The city plows were kind enough to add what they missed yesterday to the end of my driveway.

2 Likes

In the 50’s.

4 Likes

Below zero temps for highs next week. Yippee

2 Likes

Just looking at 12z GFS…ughhhhhhhhhh… Looks WAY colder now…yikes. It would appear mildness hangs until next Monday and then the bottom drops out… Has single digits highs, teens below 0F…all before Christmas…hmmm With no snowcover this will allow the ground to freeze deep…so hopefully we get a few inches of insulating snows…

Don’t know how you folks up north deal with it…I moved south 30 years ago and if I ever want to get a taste of winter all I need to do is get on a plane…we’ll be in the mountains out in Colorado over Christmas, so I’m sure I’ll get my fill…

meanwhile, in NE Florida we’ve had a cold snap, upper 30’s last night, further inland I believe they had a freeze…we have another day or two then it’s supposed to get back to the low 60’s and 70’s…haven’t seen any rain in over 2 weeks though…

1 Like

I think i’d take the arctic cold with sunshine over the last month of clouds and rain off and on.

Yum… days 8-14…

3 Likes

We got a wind blown 8ish inches on Tuesday…arctic cold coming on Saturday (predicted low near zero) then mild rain coming Mon/Tues with highs reaching into 50s on Tues.

1 Like

mid 40’s up here with almost a in. of rain tues. going to make a mess as all the culverts and drains are plugged with snow/ice!

1 Like

Here they seem to take delight in plowing ice walls you gotta go fix it before everything gets hard frozen in a hour or two. While i love shoveling my driveway as i feel like im saving on watering all summer when i do it, the road is full of salt and i detest shoveling it. I just make inroads to the driveway and keep the 4’ snow bunker from the sidewalk as is.

3 Likes

-18 the forecast low for Tuesday night. Doggone cold for early December

3 Likes

We were sub-zero last night, just by a hair… -0.4F. Made for a pretty morning:

6 Likes