How is your weather? (Part 1)

Inch of rain… Temp just jumped to 51F here… Not as wet as i thought but still more then we need.

It’s 38F in Phoenix as a i type… Looks like Des Moines is already cooling off though…so cooler air should work in pretty quick from west to east…

That storm is headed our way Mon. night/Tues…calling for up to 6 inches of snow mixed with rain. Above average temps through the next weekend.

1 Like

I was outside…it feels like spring out there. Amazing for the time of year. Probably be -25F in 2 weeks.

Snow all afternoon but really didn’t do much other then cover the grass…maybe an inch so far… there is some lake effect to the north (coming off L Superior)…but those bands have a hard time making it this far south…but who knows.

GFS wants to drop some Arctic air mid month…guess we’ll see.

We have about 3-4 inches of snow with the rest of the afternoon to go. Southwestern Maine and Central NH were slammed with well over a foot of the white stuff in many locations.

The rest of the week looks above average temp wise with rain coming on Fri/Sat.

1 Like

we aren’t supposed to get much up here either. maybe a in. so far.

High 30s, cloudy and windy today, quite a contrast to the 60s and dry weather over the last week. We got maybe 2-3in of rain Sunday and Monday, so the ground is quite squishy underfoot.

Took advantage of the good weather to lay down some gravel, clean out a fence row and get the oil changed in the truck.

Looks like we’re locked into a colder and wetter pattern over the next week.

Very nice here right now. A bit of rain on the forecast too when it’s usually very dry in January. I’ll take it!!

2 Likes

ey ya’ll! Last day in Florida vacation with my kids. Supposed to be 80 today before going back home to woodstove fills 2x a day, snow, cold, well damn. 80 is hot for sure but the doldrums of a prolonged northern winter (since Halloween is tough.

Found a pear looking bush(you southern folks what is it?) around the house we rented on my run today. Keeping the weight off!

2 Likes

Meyers lemon is a possibility on the Florida tree fruit. Navel orange not out of the question.

1 Like

Weather in the south of France is not bad. After living in the Northeast most of my life, our weather here is mild! 50’s with a breeze. Winter has just begun, so I better buy a pair of glove just in case it gets colder!

Nice and sunshine.no complaint here

Yesterday high was 58, next weekend is forecasted to to reach mid sixties… My pluot buds look swollen and I am starting to get worried…

Calling for 40F here… Sunny now…had days of clouds… Winter has really been non existent around here this year… no snow on the ground again… lots of mild days…

Is this our January thaw … yet?

We keep getting these irritating snowstorms…only a few inches but just enough to have to shovel and plow…almost always followed by a day or 2 of colder weather…then back into the next system. Ahh winter…

The good news is that I am ahead of the game on pruning trees thanks to somewhat mild temps and lack of snow depth for this time of the year.

1 Like

From what I can tell New England is just getting started on snows.

Looking like more rain than snow in midAtlantic and South.

North Florida

We had a flock of robins in a huge old crab tree next to my large veggie garden. The tiny crabs hang in that tree well into winter and they may have been chowing down on those. Such an odd time of year for robins. We had one last year in December, but this was a flock of 30. Maybe it means it is finally going to get seriously cold and they’re heading south.

1 Like