How is your weather? (Part 1)

We had a lot of robins getting those tiny crabs off our tree here in December. It wasn’t too brutal for them to hang around. They were in that tree for over a week getting them eater.
I still see a few robins hanging around. Our weather has been pretty nice ( 40-50 degrees F) so they are not convinced we are really into winter yet I guess.

1 Like

Robin’s are here in N Florida. I see them by the hundreds. Maybe you just had some slackers? I don’t know where these come from bit we have a ton of them and blackbirds by the thousands right now.

3 Likes

I’d like to swap for a few days! :slight_smile:

40’s / upper 20’s here in KY.

1 Like

We send them down there to see you for the winter. Take care of them for us my friend.

1 Like

Fun fact: robins only move slightly south, and are around all year in most of their range. They tend to hang out in swampier spots than they do in the summer.

2 Likes

I’m starting to worry about chill hours

1 Like

Don’t worry, winter is not going to be over yet for a while

Hit 41 this morning here in Neptune Beach we should of had our first freeze by now but nothing in sight! Supposed to be in the 70s from thursday through the weekend!

1 Like

Haven’t seen a robin in months… Haven’t really seen much in the way of wildlife…squirrels have been active with no snow or cold…

Looks like Weds morning will be single digits though.so a shot of cold is on the way tomorrow.

We may be sub-zero Wed night, and then back in the 40’s Fri/Sat.

Nope, most things even in Kentucky have had enough chill hours to bloom and grow…if spring came this week.

(And it’s not spring until March…and we have had snow in May.)

We are on a roller coaster this week…tomorrow sunny and 32…then cold…then warm-up Fri/Sat culminating in possible record temps in the 50s…then a possible ice/snow event Sat. night.

2 Likes

same here. not complaining about the lack of -0f temps and deep snow though.

1 Like

Currently 29 and clear…but up to one inch snow in the morning…then 46 for a high.

Typical winter day. :sunglasses::sun_behind_small_cloud:

-13 now, warming up to 6 today.

It always seems to get colder right at sunrise. -16 now

1 Like

This is absurd even by Florida standards. 80s this weekend. Keep in mind I am about a 45 minute drive from Georgia. Still no freeze in sight which means it will probably be a doozy in a couple weeks.

FIrst snowstorm of the winter on the way (as opposed to the snowstorm of the fall)

Was out in Colorado over Christmas, did some skiing and the girls got a chance to go dog sledding…Bitter cold, several of the days it barely made single digits …nice to visit and enjoyed the snow for a bit but we were happy to get back to balmy Florida. Not sure how folks can deal with that 3 and 4 months out of the year…

Mornings have been chilly the last few days (low 40’s)…expected to get up to mid-70’s later today and warming through the weekend…

i say it the other way. 3 yrs. ago i went to Parris land, SC to see my son graduate from Marine corps boot camp. temp was 100f + with 80% humidity the whole week! even under A/C i was dying! watching those road crews working in that made me feel bad for them. how the heck you guys deal with that heat is beyond me! if its cold ,you can dress up but when its brutally hot, its miserable no matter what you do. i guess you guys get used to it like we do. i can stand out on a frozen lake ice fishing in -0f with the right gear. i guess you guys would call that insane. :wink: